Light switches

Performing very well, I’ve also bought an Xiaomi hub and linked them with Mi Connector app, but some are still on HE and function really well.

are they suported nativily or do you require a custom DH/Driver?

Ah sorry forgot that bit. Custom DH.

Hi @Royski.
Just noticed this comment and have a couple of questions.
Have you linked the Xiaomi hub to the HE hub?
I thinking if I can get the Xiaomi devices on their own hub and then linked somehow to HE it would be a better way to go.

Also with the 'No Neutral' light switches I'm noticing a series of messages. They are paired to my HE hub and are working OK.
I'm assuming they are not doing any harm but was wondering if you are seeing them as well. Here are the messages.
dev:35512020-01-02 18:58:44.664 debugcatchall: 0104 000A 01 01 0040 00 AE1B 00 00 0000 00 00 0000

dev:35512020-01-02 18:57:41.991 debugcatchall: 0104 000A 01 01 0040 00 AE1B 00 00 0000 00 00 0000

Hi,

I’m using an Xiaomi hub and Mi Connector app on a docker to connect the two. I created a full post about that and which hub is needed, if you search for Mi Connector I’m sure it’ll pop up mate.

Yeah I see those messages too, again doing no harm, but I don’t like seeing them. Just me though that :wink:

Post here :+1:

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to look into that.
I'm having a few issues recently when everything zigbee (Xiaomi) keeps dropping off. Just wanted to make sure nothing was going on with the catchall messages.
I also have a neutral switch on another hub which I have now taken off as my issues seem to coincide with me pairing it.
It's on a different hub so shouldn't have any effect on my zigbee network. I've removed it now just to see.

1 Like

No problem. My network was playing up too, could get the Xiaomi devices to stay connected longer than an hour before dropping. This is why I moved them, work great now although I still have some more to move over.

1 Like

Hi guys,
I'm just installed Aqara Wall Switch, no neutral (QBKG04LM) and without Generic Child Switch driver no operate. I set up on device that driver.
I'm interested to know why this switch is not presented with Amazon Assistant and Google Home?!
Without home assistant is useless for me :blush:

Thanks in advance

You need the generic driver to get this to work.
Install the device as you have done and then click on the create child button.
The generic driver 'device' will then be created which you will be able to control.

I'm not sure what you mean, what I must to do now?!

When the device is discovered you will see something like this. (I've renamed it to what I want).
Then when you click on this
In the above device, this will generate the child devices. (Don't forget to set the preferences first).
Now the generic child device will be created.
You must have the Generic Child Switch Driver installed first though.

1 Like

Done

Sorry, new to all this - do these switches have a temperature sensor in them as well? I couldn't see that on the spec on AliExpress.

I'm very sorry that I did not reply, I missed that email. Did you get your answer?

No worries, and no, I didn't, but it's looking increasingly like I'm going for the AOne devices so if you don't have the information to hand then don't worry about it to much on my account.

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

They do have them, there is a slight change in the app code to get these, however these are not accurate nor calibrated. There is no specific temp sensor in the switch, it's a built in one in the chipset and should be considered a guide

OK, thanks, good to know

Have you managed to find any pricing on theirs? I’ve looked all over the place and couldn’t find much. Any links would be appreciated :+1:

Most of it is done through wholesalers, if you let me know what you want I can get some price's.

1 Like