Light/switches tab shows numerous duplicates

Its not solvable, its a bug in the app. Seems as though the app dev is possibly for-hire just to do updates as needed, since after the last update was pushed out he stopped responding.

1 Like

Same issue as everyone else posting. New copy of all rooms/devices added each time I navigate to the lights/switches tab in the app. iOS 16.5.1 iPhone 14 pro

And same problem here. Any resultĆ³n on this?

Same issue. Looking for a solution. Since thereā€™s no apparent fix yet, does anyone have any tips RE: how to best live it? Only interact with the first instances at the top of the list? Ignore every copy below the initial set?

On my iPad, all of my rooms and devices are duplicated three times. On iPhone none are shown ar all.

I have it too ā€¦ in 2023!

(This problem was originally posted in January 2017 and it is still there almost 7 years later? Makes me wonder if leaving SmartThings for Hubitat was a good decisionā€¦.?)

1 Like

Same problem here.
My work around is as follows:

1. Choose Lights/Switches
  2. Close the app
  3. Re-open the app and everything should be OK, providing you don't change to another area, e.g. Dashboard

The app seems to remember the last area you accessed, i.e. if you are on dashboard, then close the app and then re-open it , it will automatically re-open on the dashboard area and choosing Lights/switches after this, results in the duplicates.

So just make sure you are on Lights/switches before closing the app.

Not ideal I know, but until someone fixes this, we are stuck with this work around.

Device: iPhone 11
iOS: 16.7
Hubitat app: version 1.3.1 / build 160
Hubitat platform version: 2.3.6.146

2 Likes

I can confirm - this works! At least for the iOS app. Thank you for posting!
This particular tab is probably one that will be used most for my wife and she already complained about it.

Hi, I had the same issue.

I solved it deleting the google home, airplay, homekit and every other integration app.

When you see the details of the devise you will find at the button all the apps that are using it.

Update: It worked for a while