Light switch as button or button device?

I have 4 Inovelli Scene switches. I have been using them in rule machine for a few things.

For example:
When I double tap down on the Master Bedroom switch, it turns off the Master Bedroom lights, turns on the fans attached to the smart plugs, and turns the thermostat to 70 degrees.
When I triple tap down on the Master Bedroom switch, it does the same as double tap, but it turns off all the house lights.

These are currently 2 rules I have set up in Rule Machine. I just noticed that I can use the switch as a Button Device and assign the same scenarios above under just 1 rule instead of 2.

My question is... Is it more beneficial/smarter/efficient to use the switch as a button device in rule machine, or keep it as a button and have more rules?

Since itā€™s the same triggers and actions ... Iā€™m not sure that one way is more beneficial than the other (not from a perspective that we as users could measure, anyway). Theyā€™re just two different solutions to achieve the same goal ... I think the only perceivable difference is going to be the version of the solution you prefer to manage.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.