Light strip suggestions

Hey all. I need 150 feet roughly of color changing light strip for interior use. My daughter has asked for light strips on her ceiling for Christmas and I don’t want to empty my bank account to get her this. I’d like it controllable but Hubitat but Alexa routine would be fine also.

I’d prefer zigbee but WiFi or Bluetooth is fine also.

Any suggestions?

I have used these, and they have worked great. 150' would be rather expensive, probably close to $2000.00. So probably not the route you are looking to go. They are Zigbee controlled directly from HE, though.

These are wi-fi and can be controlled by Alexa. With Echo speaks you could control them through HE.

At that length, might want to consider standard (i.e. dumb) LED strips with a power supply, plus a zigbee or z-wave RGBW LED controller.

2 Likes

You may want to look at govee LED strips. I know you can get them in 32" lengths. I think just recently i saw a 64" one. They have them where they are able to hookup with Alexa and those use Govee's API that the Govee Immersion LED driver will allow integration with. It is cloud based though.

Govee has the additional benefit of being setup to allow for personal scenes and fancy light effest from within the app.

Just stick with the wifi ones and just be aware some of the functions only work over Bluetooth from a phone.

I just checked the Govee app and the 65" strips are currently on sale for $49 and $53 depending on the version you get. Those are RGBIC as well so you can do the most with them for color scenes and automations.

The Hook Up over on YT has a whack of videos on DIY LED Lighting.

1 Like