Lifx or Hue LED light Stops or other suggestions

I am setting up some indirect lighting around a room and was going to use LED light strips. I want them to be dimable and optionally have the ability to change colors (not sure why). I have Lifx lights around the house and was going to standardize on them but they are expensive and out of stock so I am looking at the ue strips since I have a Hue hub and a lonely light already. What are the tradeoffs on these two options other than the network they use?

Does anyone use just a generic LED light strip with a Zwave dimmer instead?

Inovelli has a new LED Light strip that all the cool kids are talking about.. might be overkill and expensive for what you are looking to do though.

https://inovelli.com/red-series-smart-led-strip/

Pricewise the Inovelli is about the same as the Hue, though the idea of zwave is great. It is the additional 25 12" sections I would need that gets the pricing up there. (without/before verifying if I can extend the Inovelli that long...)

1 Like

The Inovelli LED strip is currently limited to 16' excluding the extension wires. There are plans to add power injection support, which would allow for longer runs in the future.

The last time I checked, the Hue strips were limited to one color at a time. The Inovelli strips are addressable, meaning you can have different colors at the same time. Here's an example of one of the effects (Aurora):

Going to try 12 feet of the Inovelli, I really don't want to use Hue... and Lifx isn't available and I've had some problems with their strip lights.