LIFX Driver Code

The code does not currently attempt any re-transmitting.. So there should be no issue if a bulb has no power

1 Like

Does the lifx API support "start raising/lowering" and "stop changing"? Use case: Lutron Pico working as expected with Hubitat via lutron integration. Using Button Controller to assign commands to buttons produces no results when assigning a button to "start raising" a lifx bulb when held and to "stop changing" when released. Assigning on/off/toggle or even increment by a set % works as expected when pressed/held/released, but holding to dim or brighten in either direction does not work.

2 Likes

It doesn't support it in the firmware on the device.. But I am looking into possibly adding it as a driver feature..

3 Likes

It would be a welcome addition. I use my picos in this fashion to control existing dimmers, so if I swap a plug in lamp dimmer for a lifx bulb and the pico doesn't work as expected then the whole universe will come crashing down. :slight_smile: I assume others would like to avoid the apocalypse as well.

Well.. We wouldn’t want that :wink:

Just to +1 to this feature - definitely something that I could use

Another +1. I replaced a couple of Sengleds with Lifix on my kitchen island. I have been controlling those with an Inovelli Red SN as a button controller. "Adjust" is a work around but not really. Raising and lower is smooth and natural.

As a long time Lifx owner, since the very first few bulb models, I have been testing the integration and found some disappointing results with these older models. I have about 80 bulbs and the majority are still the early models, namely:

Lifx Color 1000 - firmware v1.22 (latest and no further dev from Lifx on these) LIFX Color 1000 Review | PCMag
Lifx Color 650 (orginal brown downlights) - firmware v2.1 (latest for these also) https://techau.com.au/review-lifx-color-650-downlights/

The control has been hit and miss. The Color 1000 can turn on using Hubitat, but that it. Can’t turn off, change color or dim. If you turn it off using the Lifx App, the state remains on in Hubitat.
The Color 650 is similar. Can turn on, can Dim but nothing else. No turning off and no color changing.

Its simply too costly to replace them all with say A19 bulbs.

On older bulbs switch to the “LIFX Color Legacy” driver, you will get much better results.

Thanks that worked. I missed the update about the legacy driver. I have many Lifx Switches also which I've tested but can't seem to get them working. They are set to use the Lifx Switch driver. They are 4 button models, but the Hubitat device only shows a single On and Off button, when pressed, nothing happens. Most are configured to control Lifx groups and scenes via their cloud but I did also test on a button that controls standard bulbs, so it operates like a normal light switch. Again did not work on that test either. What is the switch driver supposed to do?

Which model?.. I only had the single to test with, but I just got in the 4-gang one

In Australia they first released the 4-gang version a couple years back I think. Then in the last few months I saw the new 2 gang versions on shelves, so I bought some of those also on sale. We don't have a single button version over here.

It's the same.. But it only has 1 controllable relay.. The 4 button one has 4 relays..

Heres the 2 gang version with 2 relays I presume... LIFX Smart Switch White 2 Gang 2 Button

I was waiting for years for a model with fewer buttons as having 4 everywhere was overkill.

That's what I thought until I got mine in.. The second button is not for a relay control.. It's to control bulbs..

When you say bulbs, do you mean LIFX bulbs or non-smart ordinary bulbs / downlights? The 2 gang version I have allows me to configure either gang for use with LIFX bulbs OR they can be configured to control any standard bulb. The App asks you to choose Lifx light or Non-Lifx light and whether they are wired to the switch or not. I assumed that using the switch to control non-Lifx bulbs, means they operate as a relay and by having 2 configurable buttons, you have 2 relays... I did plan on using these in some areas to control a fan and a light in a bathroom for example.

The apocalypse has been avoided. Many thanks for the feature addition in the latest update.

1 Like

I have just installed 2 LIFX switchs (both 2 gang). When I use the LIFX integration app it only offers up single or 4 gang device options. I have tried both these devices and cannot get HE to see and activate the individial switches. What am I missing?

Can you show a picture of your switch?… Or a link?

Switches are installed, but the link below shows the rear of the switch. tx