LIFX Built-in drivers - questions and discussion

I do plan to integrate HEV and nightvision.. Just didn’t make it in the first release.

1 Like

It sounds like you have the version of the switch that I haven’t been able to test yet..

These are just visual constructs for organization, ultimately individual messages are sent to each bulb. Therefore rebuilding these associations in Hubitat"s Groups and Scenes app would mirror most of this functionality (more on this at the end).

Effects such as waveforms are a special packet, which could be added in a community driver (or future enhancement).

For strips, you can capture any desired multizone gradients, etc into a Hubitat scene using the child devices, as @bcopeland alluded above. Some of the more complex effects, where the bulb cycles continually through many colors, are achieved by continuously sending new packets to the bulb - certainly achievable using rule machine, but it isn't a simple effect with a single defined packet.

2 Likes

Yes.. and the class is there already:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=LIFX_Classes#SetWaveform

As well as strips MultiZoneEffects:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=LIFX_Classes#SetMultiZoneEffect

Etc..

Yes, perhaps. I purchased 22 over a year ago so eprhaps updating their firmware might help? Also when I access "Driver Code" I don't see a switch driver, should I?

You won't.. It's built-in

1 Like

How many relays are in the switch you have?

1 Like

Ok re built-in, and my switch is the standard 4 gang with 4 relays.

1 Like

Ok.. Yea.. I only have a driver written for the single relay at the moment..

OK. I didn't know there was a single button/relay version. The 4 gang one is a beast! It has an ESP32 for the Wi-Fi functions and another micro (ATtiny) that handles the LEDs, relays and buttons. I suspect it will be a challenge to write a driver, but it would be great to have :slight_smile: Do you see it as a possibility?

1 Like

Nah.. Won’t be a problem at all.. It uses the same commands as the single.. I just need to get one to be able to test on it..

Lifx strip is just going red for me. Using dimmer motion lighting. Also via capture scene.

Seems to change it to red when it changes the level.

Can you post a screenshot of the device page’s current states?

1 Like

Sure.

It occurs on both lifx strip as device type and lifx color

Yep.. That’s red.. Now what happens if you set color or color temperature to something else?

You will want to change the driver to LIFX Strip

Yes it's on strip now. The issue seems to be if I have set it to multi colour from lifx app, and then motion lighting is set to set dimmer on motion it just seems to set it to red. It's weird.

Setting color or temp to something else works fine on driver. It seems to be how motion lighting is doing the dimming

Ah so I can get it to work if I select the multi-zone sub child devices and set each colour and then capture it under a scene. However for some reason one of my lifx strips won't pull down the zones how do you force it to do that I have removed it and re-added it it still is selected as a colour and I update it to strip and it doesn't grab the sub child devices.

It would be great if It just turned the dimmer on and off it didn't override the colour using motion lighting as this is how it worked with Robs driver.