Life360 Multiple Circles

@cwwilson08 See...you got me already. I thought Chuck was chiming in on this.

Mission accomplished.

1 Like

Curious is anyone is still trying to get past the oauth part? I've tried sooo many ways but I'm completely lost at how this works.

Having a 11 year old daughter, tracking is VERY important to me, being able to act on this information would be a huge bonus!

Maybe someone can give us a bone and add places to the existing Life 360 app? Post 14 (spgohome) shows that the info IS there, we just need a way to access it.

@mike.maxwell @chuck.schwer @patrick

EDIT: created a new post requesting the states to be exposed in the official app.

1 Like

+1 on this.

The problem is not the oauth as Life360 doesn't use a challenge/response oauth system. They use a simple bearer token mechanism. You send a simple basic auth to the API and it will return a token. This part is already being performed by the Hubitat builtin app.

Once you have the token you can retrieve any information from Life360. This includes the "Places" you are wanting. The title of this topic "Multiple Circles" is misleading as "Circles" within Life360 are just the "Groups" you belong to for sharing your location with other people NOT the places you have setup for geofencing.

The Places are already available. The problem is not the authentication but the presentation of the data. Hubitat has chosen to only provide 1 place for each member device. I think this was done for simplicity within the Hubitat app/driver model as a member can be associated with multiple places. The current place could be used as a device attribute though and have it updated as the member moves from place to place.

I don't do much Hubitat development so I'm not as up to speed on the device development. I do have a lot of experience with Life360 development and GPS/Geofence development.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.