Life360 continued problem

@bravenel @bobbyD

This is a built-in app so the problems are directly your fault.... you can't blame webcore for this. Fix it... please make it a high priority because with a unstable presence sensor RM rules and HSM is pretty much crippled.

1 Like

Iā€™m not a developer, so please forgive my ignorance. But is it really fair to say that because itā€™s a built-in app, itā€™s HE staffā€™s ā€œfaultā€ if itā€™s not working right? Itā€™s an integration with another cloud-connected service that they donā€™t control.

Obviously they have more of an incentive, or even obligation, to try to get it working well. Unlike with webcore. So hopefully they will prioritize this, since I share your frustration when various automations donā€™t function as intended due to inaccurate presence detection. As do many other users, Iā€™m sure.

But IMHO, finger pointing is less likely to accomplish anything useful than constructive criticism.

5 Likes

yep, what @marktheknife said.
Perhaps if anyone affected by Life360 stability issues has seen success by rolling back their HE version, they could report in ??

I was using Life 360 but have moved over to using "Locative" now and it's been even more accurate (down to about 50m)

2 Likes

I also tried out Locative and liked it, so switched all my presence automations to use that. For me, the ability to set different geofence sizes for arrival and departure is helpful.

Weā€™re all essentially just waiting out the clock til the HE app is released, with native geolocation, arenā€™t we?

From that perspective, I donā€™t really mind if they donā€™t prioritize the Life360 integration, if it means committing more development resources to the HE app.

Locative ? I searched the forum for it and don't see anyting

Take a look at this thread.

I think itā€™s for iOS only, and the app is no longer supported by the developer. But it works pretty well, for now at least.

Found it for android but it doesn't work at all. The geofencing is broken.

Bummer. Could be just a matter of time before it breaks on iOS too, Iā€™m sure.

Hopefully the HE app is released before then.

1 Like

I wonder why presence apps are such a big problem not just with HE but also with ST. It's not like Geofencing just came out yesterday.

Strange..it worked when I tested it a few weeks ago. Where did you download it from?

I think the main issue has to do with balancing accuracy/update frequency with limited battery life.

1 Like

I downloaded Locative from the google apps store.

When I tried to set my first geofence all I got was a blank google map.

I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.

When I first looked for it in the app store, it wasn't there and I was told it was pulled. I actually got it from someone who had the apk saved.

Now I'm not sure if it was readded to the store or if I didn't search for it correctly. Strange...

Yeah, I saw it in the store. Looking at the "updated on' date, it looks like it was republished on the 13th. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I searched for it a while back.

It doesn't work on Android 9 for sure. Tried it on a few phones.

Back on the original topic... I would just like it if HE would stop wiping out my Life360 config... That would be a great start.

Pretty sure it's going to be our fault for using it judging by the reactions.

I got Locative working with Maker API

I had all my settings wiped in the Life360 app around 4 builds ago. Everything has been hunky dory since. I know this doesn't help anybody but I think this shows that this is a pretty random issue.

I had this happen once as well.

One thing I noticed is that Life360 is very finicky when anything changes on the account. For instance, my wife turned on power save mode on her Note 8 and the Life360 started generating errors and stopped registering presence for BOTH our devices.

I wiped and reconfigured my Note 8 and never reinstalled Life360 and the HE app started generating errors and stopped registering presence for BOTH our devices.

It seems like if the L360 service cannot properly communicate with any of it devices, even temporarily, it flakes out in the HE app. Maybe something to look into @patrick.