Life 360 Presence sensor not always showing arrival

I use Life 360 as a presence sensor and it works 99.8\9% of the time for me, but less so for my wife's presence. It seems to be more consistent when I was on the SmartThings hub before moving to habitat.
When it fails for my wife, it never has been for the departure but the arrival into the circle (same for both of us), but when I look at Life 360 it is 100% of time correct. I have not been able to determine if it is Habitat not receiving the notification or not responding. Not sure if other have had this issue.

My wife & I use Life360 exclusively for presence, and it's typically pretty darn solid. Plenty good enough for us anyway -- we aren't tying it into our security system or automatically unlocking anything or anything along those lines.

But as you've found out, Life360 can be flaky once in a while... I have no idea where it gets balled up, but I can say it's probably not worth wasting a lot of brain cells on -- it can turn into a maddening game of whack-a-mole that ends up getting you nowhere.

I built in a few Life360 refresh commands associated with our garage door opening & closing rules -- that seems to help, but isn't bullet-proof either. Every now & then, one of our presences just lags inexplicably.

If you search the community here, there's at least one enhanced Life360 community app that may be worth looking into... I haven't tried it, so I can't speak to its effectiveness.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.