LG ThinQ integration with My Dryer

I have tried to use the old unmaintained drive, but am getting these kind of errors:

2023-05-09 03:10:42.694 AMerrorDryer MQTT Error: Error: Connection lost: Connection lost

dev:2912023-05-09 03:08:17.851 AMwarnDryer Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'privateKey' on null object

dev:2912023-05-09 03:07:34.521 AMwarnDryer Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'privateKey' on null object

dev:2912023-05-09 03:06:23.420 AMwarnDryer Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'privateKey' on null object

dev:2912023-05-09 03:05:26.994 AMerrorDryer MQTT Error: Error: Connection lost: Connection lost

dev:2912023-05-08 07:26:36.643 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_dcm_thinq_LG_ThinQ_Dryer_735.off() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: run(), run(), any(), is(java.lang.Object), use([Ljava.lang.Object;), any(groovy.lang.Closure) (method off)

dev:2912023-05-08 07:26:22.045 PMerrororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_dcm_thinq_LG_ThinQ_Dryer_735.on() is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: run(), run(), any(), is(java.lang.Object), any(groovy.lang.Closure), run(java.io.File, [Ljava.lang.String;) (method on)

Looks pretty broken, but I am not a groovy expert.

Any thoughts from anyone on how to proceed?

Did you do the whole process of setting it up using the app? A lot of that looks like the authorization and keys needed for the MQTT portion are broken, which sounds like it did not complete the account authorization and URL portions needed in the ThinQ Integration app.

The base git location in case it helps (hubitat-thinq/apps at master · dcmeglio/hubitat-thinq · GitHub).

Yes, I believe I did. I can try to do it again. Is it repeatable?

Here is a screen shot. does this look like they are connected up?

It looks like it... and it is repeatable (I did it again to check as you can see from my responses below). Obviously you do not want to show the URL but I will assume that looks similar to mine as well, something like https://kr.m.lgaccount.com/login/iabClose?state=xxx&code=... (showing it as code otherwise people might select it as a link).

When you go to the Next step, are you using Cloud or or your own certificate? I use the cloud one. Interestingly, I had to login all over again AND change my password (they want the password changed every 3 months apparently). After that it detected my device "Front Load Washer". My device had not had any trouble, but apparently the new login was required because their terms had changed and I needed to agree to them.

As mentioned, I have a washer... so maybe there is something different with the dryer... but the errors did not look like that.

Now that I have re-saved it (and have the new API URL) I will keep a watch. Maybe they changed something on the API and the drivers do not handle it (I was not getting any errors before, but I have multiple of my own drivers that use APIs and if the API changes, and they do, it can cause issues). Maybe something will show up on mine?

I am using the cloud certificate. An interesting comment about changing the password every 3 months. I will give that a try. It might be a good idea to update the code to be sensitive to that to remind the user (aka me and folks like me) to change this when problems occur as that did not occur to me until you mentioned it.

I gave up on using the HE ThinQ integration for my washer and dryer. It seemed like it would work for a couple of days to a week at the most and then just stop updating. Going through the setup and authentication process usual fixed it, but only for another few days.

Now I'm using the HomeAssistant integration and it's been solid for months.

At 12 days since I reset mine... still good. It shows all the activity from the weekend in the logs.

Maybe someone will pick up this integration again or come up with an alternative.

I refreshed and it is working for me now. Thanks for the pointer!!!