Leviton ZW15R not recognized in C8

Just received a Leviton ZW15R and tried to set it up in my C8. First time, C8 ask if I wanted security or not (didn’t use security) then went to bootstrap the outlet. Finally received error message that it didn’t setup. Found a ghost in the Zwave Details. I reset the outlet, rebooted the C8 and tried again. Same except tried with Security. Same results, a new ghost created. So far, I have 4 ghosts created.

I’ve tried Find by Brand and selecting the ZW15R and just manually adding a Zwave device. No luck. I’ve hooked up the outlet to temporary power so that it’s within 12 inches of the hub.

I’m stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried resetting the outlet?

Yes, multiple times. I’ve also rebooted the C8 many times.

I added one to my C8 about two month ago without any problems. Except it would stop responding after about a week, a firmware update fixed that. Contact Leviton support they responded to be very quickly.

Do a hub shut down and unplug for 30 seconds. This is the only way to fully restart the z-wave radio.

Also, post a screenshot of your z-wave details. If you have too many ghost devices sometimes it will cause issues with paring new ones.

I have 5 ghosts now. Haven’t been able to get rid of them. I’ve got the thumb drive but haven’t tried it before.

I am guessing you just need to do a shut down and restart (not reboot) to restart the z-wave radio, in order to pair a new device. It may or may not help with getting rid of the ghosts as well.

Thanks. I have an email into them asking for help. Good to know it will work with the C8. I even tried the smart start to add it, but it didn’t work either.