Leviton wifi switches & dimmers

I think you may be on to something there. It won't work properly if the response from Leviton doesn't contain the "canSetLevel" attribute at all.

@tomw, I sent you a PR to handle this case.

Should we give it a try on @jordanD's system before pushing it live?

Happy to test out, send it my way. :slight_smile:

Big thanks to @dsegall for fixing and @jordanD for testing. The new version (1.2.1) is on Github and updated in the HPM listing.

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together...it worked like a charm.

1 Like

Hello. New to Hubitat, New to Home automation. I wired up some of the Leviton wifi switches but I like the zwave switches better (no janky pigtails on device) I was hoping to be able to control both from the new hubitat hub. After going through this thread it looks like you guys have found a solution? How do I download this driver?

Look here:

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response!

1 Like

Here are a couple more breadcrumbs to help with getting up and running.

My initial sharing with download links and some references: Leviton wifi switches & dimmers - #11 by tomw

Here's the first drop (of several) that are easier to install using Hubitat Package Manager (HPM): Leviton wifi switches & dimmers - #30 by tomw

2 Likes

@tomw Thank you sir. I am downloading the HPM now

2 Likes

Hey Everyone. Just wanted to give an update on this. I got everything to work well for 1 night. The next day I was not able to use the wifi switches on the Leviton or the Hubitat app. My WiFi switches could no longer connect to my WiFi network. The only way to get them operational again was to delete the devices and the packages I downloaded. Currently operating my WiFi switches via MyLeviton and Zwave switches through the Hubitat App.

I also got this to work in my environment. I am new to Hubitat, so this is lots of learnings for me.

Thanks @tomw

1 Like

Hi - super newb...I just plugged my hub in and to my dismay the Leviton WiFi switches are not supported directly...I didn't really do my homework apparently, I assumed this was going to be a plug and play sort of deal.

Would somebody be so kind as to give a step by step tutorial on how to get the switches and dimmers and controllers working with the hub? I see all this code stuff do I need to learn coding to make this hub function? Don't kill me hahahaha

Forget it. Click github download link, download the zip....follow instructions, copy paste code...skip the */ at the top...start both line 3. Voila. Working money for me :slight_smile: :star_struck:

1 Like

If you want to keep up-to-date with this code (and many others) more easily, use Hubitat Package Manager (HPM). Since you already installed manually, you can use the "Match Up" feature in HPM, and then any future updates that I post to the My Leviton integration will show up as updates in your notifications.

2 Likes

Done. Awesome. Thanks for the tips and the work!

2 Likes

@JM4522 reported some login errors in a different thread: Leviton WiFi dimmer switch

Let's discuss here to see if we can figure out the issue.

@dsegall or others: have you had any login or permissions issues with this integration?

1 Like

Ok little update.
I initially configured my HE with DHCP โ€“ it was given 192.168.1.114 just for the record :blush:
I later decided to change it to fix IP. 192.168.1.200, at the router and by configuring the IP as static in HE.
It was working fine locally, but I was not able to access my hub with ยซ my.hubitat.com ยป. The cloud was still seeing HE as 192.168.1.114 (at discovery time) and was displaying a message saying no HUB registered.
Thanks to @aaiyar, Discover HE with MAC returns HUB with old IP who suggested that I perform a reset of HE.
Now I have the right IP assign, and Leviton integration is working like a charm.
Cheers.
J.

2 Likes

That's a "big" update in my opinion. :slight_smile: I'm glad everything is working now.

1 Like

Hi tomw/all.

Thank you for adding the my leviton package!

I have just added hubitat_my_leviton to my Hubitat via the package manager. I found the readme and performed the first three steps of the installation instructions. After putting in my credentials, all seems fine - status reports "* commStatus : good", the device title shows "online". However, I am not sure how to utilize this device to control my child devices (so far, one dimmer switch). Maybe I don't understand what is meant in the installation instructions by "Refresh the configuration page and look for child devices for any switches or dimmers that are configured in your system" - I don't see any child devices listed on the Device page I created with the type "My Leviton System" - nothing is listed in "In Use By" - Do I need to add the child devices manually somehow? Perhaps using the My Leviton System Dimmers/Switches driver?

I device I have added is a D23LP plug-in dimmer switch (and remote control).

Thanks in advance,
Russel