Leviton wifi switches & dimmers

I also got this to work in my environment. I am new to Hubitat, so this is lots of learnings for me.

Thanks @tomw

1 Like

Hi - super newb...I just plugged my hub in and to my dismay the Leviton WiFi switches are not supported directly...I didn't really do my homework apparently, I assumed this was going to be a plug and play sort of deal.

Would somebody be so kind as to give a step by step tutorial on how to get the switches and dimmers and controllers working with the hub? I see all this code stuff do I need to learn coding to make this hub function? Don't kill me hahahaha

Forget it. Click github download link, download the zip....follow instructions, copy paste code...skip the */ at the top...start both line 3. Voila. Working money for me :slight_smile: :star_struck:

1 Like

If you want to keep up-to-date with this code (and many others) more easily, use Hubitat Package Manager (HPM). Since you already installed manually, you can use the "Match Up" feature in HPM, and then any future updates that I post to the My Leviton integration will show up as updates in your notifications.

2 Likes

Done. Awesome. Thanks for the tips and the work!

2 Likes

@JM4522 reported some login errors in a different thread: Leviton WiFi dimmer switch

Let's discuss here to see if we can figure out the issue.

@dsegall or others: have you had any login or permissions issues with this integration?

1 Like

Ok little update.
I initially configured my HE with DHCP – it was given 192.168.1.114 just for the record :blush:
I later decided to change it to fix IP. 192.168.1.200, at the router and by configuring the IP as static in HE.
It was working fine locally, but I was not able to access my hub with « my.hubitat.com ». The cloud was still seeing HE as 192.168.1.114 (at discovery time) and was displaying a message saying no HUB registered.
Thanks to @aaiyar, Discover HE with MAC returns HUB with old IP who suggested that I perform a reset of HE.
Now I have the right IP assign, and Leviton integration is working like a charm.
Cheers.
J.

2 Likes

That's a "big" update in my opinion. :slight_smile: I'm glad everything is working now.

1 Like

Hi tomw/all.

Thank you for adding the my leviton package!

I have just added hubitat_my_leviton to my Hubitat via the package manager. I found the readme and performed the first three steps of the installation instructions. After putting in my credentials, all seems fine - status reports "* commStatus : good", the device title shows "online". However, I am not sure how to utilize this device to control my child devices (so far, one dimmer switch). Maybe I don't understand what is meant in the installation instructions by "Refresh the configuration page and look for child devices for any switches or dimmers that are configured in your system" - I don't see any child devices listed on the Device page I created with the type "My Leviton System" - nothing is listed in "In Use By" - Do I need to add the child devices manually somehow? Perhaps using the My Leviton System Dimmers/Switches driver?

I device I have added is a D23LP plug-in dimmer switch (and remote control).

Thanks in advance,
Russel

The child devices should be created automatically. Refresh the device page in your browser and scroll to the bottom. Is there a child device for your dimmer?

The last thing I see at the bottom of the page is a scheduled “refresh tokens” job that is PENDING for Nov 15. Under stat variables, it shows the following (user I’d removed)

State Variables

• switches :
  • acctId : 191845
  • wasExpectedClose : true
  • Id : J60pel3usvwhQkr6a9eAP5SaXK4YUdX3C1UkWSIX3jfDsaLwwL8Q0XaenCEJ9QS9
  • login : {created=2022-11-05T23:26:37.950Z, id=J60pel3usvwhQkr6a9eAP5SaXK4YUdX3C1UkWSIX3jfDsaLwwL8Q0XaenCEJ9QS9, ttl=5184000, userId=xx}
  • residence : 183208
  • asyncQueue :
  • userId : xx
  • ttl : 5184000

Is it possible that my model of switch is not yet supported?

I found the issue. I went back to the Leviton app and noticed that I had two locations defined. The first location had no devices. When I deleted that location and re-saved Preferences on the My Leviton System device in Hubitat, my switch appeared.

Only one outstanding mystery - I can’t see this child device in my “All Lights” Group/Scene.

I can work around that if there is no immediate solution.

Thanks for your help.

Can you explain what you mean here?

The child driver implements both Switch and SwitchLevel (dimmer), so it should show up on both lists.

What version of the Groups app are you using?

New release available: 1.3.1

Fixes issues with the websocket under the latest Platform releases.

This is a required update if you have installed Platform version 2.3.4.130 (or later).

1 Like

To all the devs and support team. Thanks so much for providing this driver. I have had an Inovelli switch installed for 4 years in a 4-way configuration. Of course, the dumb switches never worked properly. Not because of the Inovelli switch but because my house wasn't wired like the instructions called for. Didn't really care because everything was on some sort of routine or voice command to activate. Anyway, today I decided to fix the problem and bought the Leviton D26HD dimmer with two companion switches. Wasn't sure if it was going to work with Hubitat because the switch is Wifi only. Found your driver via the package manager. Followed the directions. Boom, found the switch and works like a charm. Again, thanks to all of you for all you do.

2 Likes

Hey folks, I have wifi Fan Controllers. Does this driver support setting fan speeds (there are four levels) vis this driver? It does not appear that it does.

I also saw they came up with model d2msd-1bw which is a motion sensor dimmer switch that integrates into the Decora Smart ecosystem. I have replaced the switches in a couple of my bathrooms with good results. Has this been fully checked on on this integration? I am planning on checking it out.

Also, I read a press release telling me that this generation (2nd Gen) of products will also do matter. I have no specific information other than their press-release on this.

Hey @sob, sorry to miss your prior message.

There is no support for fan controllers, as you mentioned.

I do not know if anyone has tried the new dimmer that you installed, but there hasn't been new support added in a while. So for example if the motion functionality of your switch is exposed by the API, it won't be supported by this dimmer driver.

Give it a try and report back! The userbase for these drivers has seemed to dwindle a bit, so info on new devices is harder to come by. I hope it works for you.

needs to be
else if(power == 'OFF' && device.currentValue("switch") == 'off'

hello,
On the Github page for Leviton GitHub - tomwpublic/hubitat_myLeviton
the install instructions it states:
"Open the configuration page for the newly created Device and enter your username and password for My Leviton and click Save Preferences."
see attached configuration Page that was created.
I'm trying to add a virtual Leviton dimmer switch, and I can't figure out where on the configuration page to enter the username and Password?
I expect I'm missing something in my training for Dummies, so your help would be appreciated.