Leviton VRMX1-1LZ Instant Status, Driver?

You are not wrong. However these switches have served me well - could be almost 10 years old and were working fine up until a few weeks ago. I just didn’t want to be replacing them right now.

1 Like

I'm sure... was just ribbing ya... Do you know if there are any firmware updates for this model switch? If so might help things.

1 Like

I looked it up, and apparently the VRxx model line is Z-wave 300 series. There doesn't appear to be any updates (nor do I think you can) for these.

I am shocked that this worked at all with a wrong driver like this. From what I have seen, using an incorrect driver makes things like Dashboard and other apps fail to work or do strange things. Especially if the capabilities of each device are very different (dimmer to switch, for example).

I wonder what would happen if you tried to pair them again? I suspect that at 10 years old they have failed in some way, maybe like the GE/Jasco with their capacitors?

So I unpaired the dimmer from my C5, factory reset, then paired it to my C7. I then tried the Leviton DZ6HD driver and it worked. Reporting immediate status nicely. I suspect the factory reset did the trick - but moving it to my C7 was a bonus as I am slowly moving all of my z-wave devices.

2 Likes