Leviton VRCS4 Device Driver

The Leviton USB Stick and installation software basically includes the devices, sets up the associations and then programs all the devices with the routing and switching. Once set it doesn't need to be connected to the system. Nice set up, but it's limiting when you need to add or connect devices like HE. HE is not supporting a secondary hub configuration to an outside primary controller. I was trying what you had suggested with the association, but once I associated the HE with the Leviton system I hit a road block, The nodes were set, but HE would not allow the drivers to associate with the notes from the Leviton system. So getting the VRCZ4 working is my only option.

In the Levition driver for the VRCZ4 the scene selection just dims full or off, but in the on/off selection the dimming works.

In order to connect HE to the system I have to exclude the devices from Levition which breaks the associations. I believe that the VRCZ4 sees your driver as controlling it like a scene possibly. And the generic driver for my VRIO6 only recognizes the button push as all on or all off. I do appreciate you taking a look. This device is the root of my lighting control in the main living area. Once I get past this I should be set.

I took a look at the code. I'm by no means any type of programmer, just looking at the logic of the parameters. It looks as if the dimmer buttons are setting the value of the dimming to the working level and the working level is set to 0 or 100, it is missing the increment part somewhere there if I understand the dimming and the result it is giving.

I went in and slowed the diming down just to see the reaction of the event log. It doesn't look like there is a command to stop the dimmer at the setting. It looks like a recursive loop to 100% or to 0% it keeps incrementing. Is there a way to add a stop level on release of the dimmer buttons. The event log for the light shows a constant level increase or decrease. The event log on the button controller shows just on and off.

tired of smartthings (they broke my zwave mesh yet again), so looking to switch. Is that smartthings vrcz4 code that you ported from me working here? (specifically led controls probably, but direct association too, though I assume that'll just work). I reversed it a number of years ago, so can probably help on the "blackbox" of things, if it isn't, unless there's some real road block.

Hi @ygelfand -- good to see you here!

Yes, I hear you on Smartthings. And yes, I did get my VRCZ4 adaptation of your VRCS4 code working on Hubitat (or mostly, anyway -- I've been away for a good while, but still need to revisit the reported issue above about dimming behaviors.)

I thought I'd included hyperlinks to my app/driver in three different postings above (Dec 20, Jan 26, and Feb 4), but I guess I hadn't put the code up yet -- try Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z Switch Mapper and Leviton VRCZ4-M0Z Zone Controller

still debugging why some of my light controls don't work, but I believe the dimming stuff is because you mess w/ groupId: 5 (you shouldn't associate to buttonNum+4), groupid 5 is dimming related. but not 100%