Level Lock - HomeKit Integration - No Devices Found

I have two Level Locks in a Google Home environment. I installed a HomePod Mini based on the advice from a few posts that it is the best way to see and manage the locks in HE. I setup the locks in Apple Home and they work fine there, but only one of the two locks appeared in HE after enabling integration of the HE HomeKit App. I tried every idea to get this to work including rebooting the HomePod, deleting everything and starting over in both Apple and HE, and waiting a few days for the app to find the devices. After deleting the one found lock, I'm now unable to see either lock in HE when I run integration. Suggestions are appreciated - I will try them.

As far as I know, the Level lock is not supported in HE. You can, of course, set up virtual devices in HE and create automations within HomeKit to bring them into HE, but there is no native support.

In the future, Level claims that they will support Matter, at which time it won't... matter...

I'm looking for a way to know the locked/unlocked status of the Level lock for HE security routines.

Zero of the locks should have appeared if you did it this way. :slight_smile: The HomeKit integration is for getting Hubitat devices into HomeKit.

For going the other direction, there is no easy way if your device is HomeKit-only. However, if your device is Matter -- and I'm not familiar with this device, but a casual Google search suggests it is supposed to be at some point -- then what you need is Hubitat's Matter integration, which is built-in and follows a similar process for adding other devices. See the "How to add a Matter Device" section here (or really just go to Devices > Add Device, select Matter, and follow the instructions for Apple Home or whatever Matter controller you are using):

But the post above suggest that it is not currently Matter. So the question is: how did you get it into Hubitat before? It couldn't have been HomeKit, at least not directly. (Some people create virtual devices and share those into HomeKit, along with some automations to "sync" things, as a workaround, but you would almost certainly remember having done that...)

1 Like

Level has "promised" Matter support in the future, but nothing announced as of yet.

For what it's worth, I use a Level Bolt with HomeKit and use a virtual device within Hubitat, and it works well enough.

Thanks for your help. Do you know if it's possible to use a virtual device with Google Home to show the status of the Level locks in HE? Level integrates well with Google Home and I already have the Google equipment.