Level Lock + Alexa = Hubitat integration?

Level just announced compatibility with Alexa, albeit seemingly via Sidewalk. As much as I dislike the idea of Sidewalk, I have had my eye on these locks for over a year and have been itching to pull the trigger on them. So I'm tempted. But I haven't done much with Alexa. For those of you that have, does Level's compatibility with Alexa mean that Level Lock can now work with HE? For example, assuming Level Lock would operate as other Alexa-compatible devices do, would Alexa presumably be able to report the locked/unlocked state to HE, and execute lock/unlock commands from HE?

Either way, I think this latest announcement gives us a hint as to how Level Lock will expand its compatibility. I suspect Level Lock won't put a zwave or zigbee radio in its lock, but rather rely on a bluetooth hub/gateway for interworking with non-bluetooth devices.

The only way I can think of to integrate a Lock that is only compatible with Alexa, is to create a Virtual Lock device on Hubitat. Then, in the Alexa App, create 4 Alexa Routines to synch the actual "Level Lock" device and the "Virtual Lock" device between the two systems.

1. Level Lock "Locked" as a Trigger -> Lock the Virtual Hubitat Lock device
  2. Level Lock "Unlocked" as a Trigger -> Unlock the Virtual Hubitat Lock device
  3. Virtual Hubitat Lock "Locked" as a Trigger -> Lock the Level Lock device
  4. Virtual Hubitat Lock "Unlocked" as a Trigger -> Unlock the Level Lock device
4 Likes

Anyone get this to work?

I'm interested if anyone has gotten this setup too. I have a door that it appears this is the only solution that will pass the WAF!