Let's talk thermostats and house comfort

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Cheers!

So I managed to get my comfort settings to trigger using the Sandood Ecobee Suite Manager ported by @storageanarchy. It allows for using comfort settings as actions using custom commands. That might make your rules a little more streamlined if you wanna use it.

2 Likes

I'm using the native recover integration. It works but the temp showing from ecobee on the hub device never changes. It's says last updated within ten minutes and controlling the ecobee works from hubitat.

Might move over to this Port as I used it on St. Anyone else have issues with the temp not updating?

Did you end up going with this thermostat? How's the reliability on it? Is it working good for you?

I'm on a mission to remove as much cloud base crap as I can.

I'm (finally) getting it next week.
I'll let you know in a week or two.
I really have grown to hate my ecobee 3 because it's constantly "unreachable".

I have a pair of the T6 thermostats. Unfortunately they don't work with the generic Z-Wave Thermostat driver. It generates errors that destabilizes Hubitat's Z-Wave network. Discussion here.

It appears that the generic z wave thermostat device handler doesn't work with the Honeywell T6 PRO. (BooHoo!!! )
Does the standard generic z wave thermostat handler work with the simple Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007/U model?
What does it work with?

I had a couple of these at our old house, but they were not paired with a Hubitat. They are pretty dead simple (old) Z-Wave devices. Semi reliable. I wouldn't recommend them for a new purchase.

Good to know.

I guess I'll scratch that on my list.

I still have a pile of Ecobee 3/3 lite for sale if anyone wants them. :slight_smile: Ripped them out months ago when the cloud connections started dying every other dang day.

1 Like

@JasonJoel
What do you recommend in place of the Ecobee?

Depends on your needs (remote sensors, local only control vs cloud, etc). I am partial to the GoControl GC-TBZ48 for my needs.

I wanted something 100% local, and something that allowed temperature sensor biasing real-time / via programmable register so I could emulate operating the thermostat from any arbitrary temperature in hubitat. And it does both of those things well.

Iโ€™m looking for something that holds the scheduling locally.

I donโ€™t want to rely on HE sending schedule info.

I really only want to be able to put it in away mode and back into normal mode and lastly to turn it off if a door is open via HE.

Yup. Then the GoControl isn't the one for you. It has no/minimal scheduling capability.

Just get an ecobee or nest and be done.

The problem (as I'm sure you are aware), is that the Ecobee is down (on a regular, continuous basis), and the Nest has a mind of its own!

I'm thinking of going back to it!
I'd love to go to the Honeywell T60 Pro (zwave), but it appears that there are issues with it.
WAF has decreed that we go with a simple device that has the time displayed!

With all the users here that state how great Lutron products are, I'm wondering why there is hardly any posts regarding the Lutron Thermostat?

Anyone using it? If so what are the pros and cons with it?

Isnโ€™t it a wifi cloud solution ?

It uses a native hubitat driver apparently from what I see

So to confirm. I could block the Lutron hub from the internet and itโ€™s still controllable ?