Let me get this straight, RE: zooz 16 relay,,,(full timer view)

I have to admit, I live in a travel trailer.
If I buy a zooz16 relay, and the truck end connector, I should be able to use the pinout and power available at this connector to have the zooz turn on the tail lights (stops) so that my shower room has light. (being at the tail end of the trailer) and as a bonus, just unplug and hook the truck back up and drive!

Verifing that the input to the device can handle converter 12VDC as a power source.
(typically 14+)
Two 30 watt tail lite (1157's) should be well within the relays capability.
ohhh, second relay fires the tail's and side markers! (white license as a bonus)
OK, make that the first relay is left turn (stop), second relay is right turn (stop) and the third relay is tail/side/plate!
I should be able to wash the dog! (written on one of the shortest days of the year).
(If you have never thought that your wifes conditioner was your shampoo, you have never tanken a shower in total darkness!)

HE Rules!

The relay(s) showed up, and so far proof of concept is positive. No specific driver, but the Generic Zwave Switch turns on all 3. Dark is about 1 hour away, I get to see if the light is enough. New moon was a couple of days ago, so it should be a good test. While a specfic need may be met here, seems sort of cool to be able to just plug the connector in and control the 7 pin wiring connectors lighting. Fully powered from the trailer, no other wires that those between the connector and the Zen16.

New driver stock to HE, works great.
Horrible picture, but carries the essence of the build and use application.

2 Likes

Great job and maybe add in something to remind you to turn off the shower/tail lights? Door contact at the door maybe?

All worked out in RM. I even had to have fun with a virtual "flasher" rule!
Got to have those emergency (party) flashers.
Overall super simple, and transportable to another camper.
Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Woodsy,
Not sure if you are still around, but wanted to see how the zen 16 has held up in your camper.

I bought a RV recently and looking for devices to "smarten it up".

So far, working great! It wired easily enough, I put in a plastic project case, added a receiver end to it. 3 relays, left brake, right brake, running lights. It's nice that it works on the 12vdc provided on the 7 pole connector.

1 Like

That is awesome to hear!

Off topic, but have you added any other devices?

I'm thinking of the Zen16 for internal lights, exterior lights, and RBG light strip (soon to be added) since its all at the panel.

I saw in a different post some stuff for monitoring tank levels, and then some contact sensors (cabinets, doors) and exterior motion sensor (zooz) for light/lux info.

If you have any other sources/posts that you could refer me to, it would be much appreciated!