Less steps for Variable Math possible?

I'm not sure if this is me seeking rule making advice or a feature request for more robust variable math, or something else, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a more efficient way to accomplish what I'm doing in this rule. All I want is for a virtual humidity sensor to be the average of 2 real humidity sensors, but it seems like a ton of steps to do it:

3 things that would be nice:

1. If you could do multiple "variable math" operations on 1 line (so rather rather than having to create 'C' you could just set the variable to (A+B)/2;
  2. if you could set the device attribute to variable math rather than having to create a variable to store the value and then sending that value to the device (i.e. combine the last 2 lines of this rule);
  3. if variable math included an average function.

Probably want to use a groovy app for that. I was going to suggest another app that I use for temp, that could probably be modified fairly easy, but looks like someone already did something.

I have not tried this one but the explanation would do what you want.

Looks like that code is no longer available, try this one.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gassgs/Hubitat-Apps-and-Drivers/master/Apps/Multi%20Sensor%20Plus/Multi%20Sensor%20Plus%20Parent%20app.groovy

[UPDATED] - Average All (Temperature, Humidity, Illuminance, Ambient Pressure & Motion)

This one in the Hubitat Groovy code examples should do what you need or at least a very good base.

1 Like

My app will handle making the virtual device and computing the average for you. Plus, some other goodies you may find useful.

4 Likes

Average all is still available on my website for a while

https://cobra-apps.co.uk

All my other apps are on there too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The link times out and doesn't open for me.

The website seems down at the moment.

This one needs a child app that I can't seem to find.

Oh, let's throw in a request for more string operations!

This is the correct link for the whole app, with the doc.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.