Lenovo LED lightstrip

So I bought a set of Lenovo smart LED light strips because they were on sale. (Lenovo probably clearing them out from inventory).

I didn't see any posts related to these anywhere. Anyone here tinker with these and any success integrating with hubitat?

I was actually thinking of carefully cutting out the lenovo connector from the led strip , puttin in a standard 6 pin connector and using them with a zigbee light controller to then control locally via hubitat. If I get to that point I'll report if that worked or not. =)

Link?

Lenovo Smart LED Lightstrip - Part Number: ZG38C03843

1 Like

What's interesting is this pic shows 4 pin:

Then this one shows 6 pin:

If it's RGB only...probably 4.

1 Like

Interesting.. the one I received has 6 pins.

1 Like

Nice. No reason your approach shouldn't work.

2 Likes

Cool glad to hear someone else thinks the same. I'll give it a go after I buy the controller and supplies.

2 Likes

I also purchased this in the recent sale. Have you found a decent 6 pin zigbee or zwave controller? I seem to have trouble finding one. Please forgive my ignorance here, but will it really be necessary to cut off the pin connection and replace it? I would think that this type of connect would be fairly standard.

I saw this one posted somewhere... GLEDOPTO GL-C-008P. so was thinking of getting it off AliExpress.

Company website:

Not doing any cutting til I order some standard clips. So you might be right. But if needed, it should be easy to take off the existing connector. I figure just a little heat with a hair dryer should soften it enough for me to carefully peel it off. (Saw a youtube video of a guy who did something similar.)

Once I'm done filing my taxes I will have time to play around and do this little project. Right now just planning.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.