Legrand Adorne SofTap WiFi Switch

I don't see it on the compatibility list, but is it possible to control the Legrand Adorne WiFi switch with Hubitat? The "master" switch is here:

And their hub, here:

As they are controlled by a local hub, I'm guessing (hoping) there is a chance of compatibility...

Generic WiFi connectivity doesn't exist on Hubitat (or SmartThings). Individuals have taken their time to create specific drivers and apps to pull features into Hubitat. I have not seen anything that would support the Legrand hub.

Lutron (via telnet) is an exceptionally good example of LAN (and by extension, WiFi) connectivity. There must be dozens more: Alexa, GoogleHome, Weather, Homebridge, all use some form of LAN protocol to achieve connectivity.

I love the Adorne line and have a dozen+ devices, but none have a radio controller.

1 Like

That's simple not true. If you have the switches with whole house compatibility, they use a radio protocol called TopDog.

It is controlled by a hub, an LC7001. Generation one was thru IP settings, now depicted. New one is controlled via Artik cloud . Part of the reason I'm here is that I am looking to an alternative to Vera that supports Samsung Artik (isn't Hubitat built off a Samsung fork?) Which would control the whole house Wifi lights? My entire home is all Legrand Adorne.

Please advise if you need any reference material on this.

I believe what @csteele said is that none of the Legrande switches in his house has a radio controller.

There are a couple of WiFi smart bulbs that are officially supported by HE, but no official support for any Legrande devices. It might be possible to integrate them, but that’ll likely have to be done by a community developer.

The underlying platform architecture of HE is based on that of ST, but I’m not sure how that would help with an integration that requires Samsung’s Artik cloud to function.

Your best chance for an integration with Artik would be with Smartthings, this integration is not now, nor likely ever be on Hubitats to do list, and I beleive this is the first request for it, so not likely to find much community interest.

Again, it's a legrand product that partnered with smartthings for reasons unbeknownst to me and has an Alexa skill and is very very very pervasive in Europe and high end homes here in North America.

Perhaps those of us looking for a solution rule out devices that don't innately offer it, hence the lack of interest?

Funny, it works in Vera... ST, Homebridge, OH2, etc.

Thanks for the explanation though.

As an aside, personally I wouldn't be happy with any lighting integration that was cloud based, particulary for any motion activated automations. The response time variables and inconsistencies would and have driven me nuts.
I for one do not miss walking into a room and doing the double hand wave dance because the lights didnt turn on immediatly...

1 Like

Agreed. However, considering my home came with over 110 adorne switches and outlets color matched to the paint scheme, and as a luxury home, replacing them is just not in the cards.

In addition, they have been more stable AND reliable than Zwave even with Alexa, app, or their own scheduling system, than any zwave solution I have used thus far....

1 Like

I love the Adorne line but back when I first looked at them, Lowes had (and still does) have a big display BUT zero remote-control ones. Looking them up on the Legrand website, they were described using those words that imply not-yet-available.

I had no choice but to buy from Lowes and wait years for Aeon (and now Qubino) to come out with modules. How different things would have been for me if Legrand would have had some confidence in their solution. Now, they are Betamax.

That's because of Lowes, but these are readily available at lighting and electrical stores, and not big box stores. The stuff in big box stores ie Lowe's was for decor not function. Go to any lighting showroom and they are there. Sorry. It's been that way since they came out.

You might want to read this. No betamax here. Terrible argument.

1 Like

Call me the second requestor for Legrand adorne WiFi integration for dimmer and scene controller. :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I would be the third person wanting to integrate the Legrand HUB or the Adorne Switches. Any new word on this?

Doubtful.

I love the Adorne line. I swapped all my Kitchen switches and outlets to them and it looks really nice. I did this well before Legrand actually were shipping the "smart" versions... or at least before I could find them. Thus I went with ZWave modules (Qubino, Aeon, etc) that fit behind the switches to automate.

I recognize that this Topic is specific to the WiFi version, but as has been mentioned in many many topics, WiFi has a very high incidence of Proprietary. Thus it's a very narrow set of people that will reverse engineer the protocol. Apparently, for this topic, the number approaches zero. :frowning:

It's a tradeoff in time vs money, really... are 'you' willing to wait for that person with the reverse engineering skills, that also own Adorne WiFi and/or their hub, to join the Hubitat Community... or do 'you' pursue a workaround? (Add a ZWave module behind the WiFi Switch.) When the solution arrives, you can use the WiFi switch portion and if it's great, remove the ZWave modules to use elsewhere.

1 Like

This guy did the reverse engineering work, at least for switches and dimmers with the hub. It looks pretty complicated but not impossible.

But you're right- you need someone with the hardware (and it looks like you need a bunch to do anything at all with this API) and the skills to do it.

I'd take a crack at it if I already had the hardware, but I can't justify buying all of the pieces to get started.

1 Like

And I guess I’m the third. I’ve been in love with their switches for years. Every light switch in my house is adorn whole house. Very solid, especially since they went with Eliot and dropped Artic cloud. Trust me. These switches aren’t going anywhere. The demand is there and always has been. I’m just typically don’t see them that home-improvement stores anymore, because they are found in high-end lighting shops.

I've a way to go yet, but I'm working on porting a solution to Hubitat. It looks promising so far, but this is very much a part time project...

1 Like

Keep up posted on this. I'm sure there are a lot of people interested.