Legacy Rule Machine Rules missing Logic Conditions

OK,

So lets just say that either I deleted the device and forgot (this appears to be the most likely possibility), or some random exclusion event removed the device.

Would the UI have displayed a warning about the device or it's children being dependencies of rule machine rules before deleting, like a delete / removal confirmation dialog?

The other question would be, when taking system backups, should there be a UI warning regarding broken rules before beginning the backup?

Maybe it would be feasible to display some kind of rule health indicator, like maybe the rule name in the list turns to red, or an X icon appended to the rule name. Something to let you know in other words that the rule is now broken.

It always has for me when I've deleted devices that we're still present in a rule.

I've never seen this.

Yes, it does warn about Apps using the device, a warning that can be ignored. This is also shown on the device page.

There is no process or mechanism to determine that a rule is broken, aside from looking at the rule to see this for yourself.

Maybe. I'll take a look at this possibility.

So, I do see ** Broken Rule ** displaying in the rule machine editor, so maybe this could be leveraged?

I will do some additional testing, maybe deleting the device and trying several different reproduction steps to see whether I can reproduce this or what other information I can uncover.

I'll post back if I find anything interesting, otherwise appreciate all the help, time and feedback provided by all. Thank you kindly.

1 Like