LED strips for TV bias lighting

Continuing the discussion from LED Light strips with Bluetooth Control:

@adamkempenich could you describe your setup for TV bias lighting in more detail?

Heck yeah!! I just re-did our living room, and the lighting looks even better now.

My setup is a dreamscreen, which I don’t think you can buy anymore :frowning:

1 Like

It matches what’s on the TV. It’s so slick.

That does look nice. However, if you want bias lighting for the purpose of decreasing eyestrain, then I strongly recommended trying white light at a color temperature of ~6500K.

And, speaking from personal experience (stuck 99% at home watching TV for the past ~2 months), it makes a huge difference on eye-strain. I have bias lighting upstairs, but not downstairs (yet). And I hate watching TV in bed now ....

3 Likes

What light source are you using, Ashok?

Definitely 6500k for that. Although, the color-shifting one has anecdotally been just as good as our cold-white TV setup. I’ll be interested in seeing what comes out as far as research goes on this.

(I just use an RGBWW light setup for the other TVs, with white turning on when the TV is on, and colors being used for security alerts)

1 Like

Something cheap that works for 6500K - got them for about $10-15 a piece. Three of them placed behind a 55" TV works really well in my living room, and one of them behind a 40" TV in my guest room also works well.

I wish I'd done that for my bedroom TV also - didn't anticipate using it much.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Looking for a very thin option for a new wall-mounted TV.

I might go with this one:

MediaLight Mk2 Flex 6500K CRI 98 Bias Lighting | MediaLight Bias Lighting.