LED STRIP - help with controller…

Strip: BTF LIGHTING WS2814 IC RGBW (warm white). 24V. IP 65

Power: BTF LIGHTING 24V 5A

Neither have been purchased. But they are sitting in my Amazon cart. So if you have other suggestions I’m all ears.

What controller would you recommend that works well with HE for this strip?

You might want to look at the List of Compatible Devices | Hubitat Documentation There are a few on there.

I have ok luck with Gledopto, and similar clones, but I have heard of others may have issues with certain models. The Gledopto GL-MC-001 is on the compatibility list, but I didn't look to see if that is a 24v model.

1 Like

Do you have any other preferences, such as zigbee/z-wave? Or primarily just compatibility with the hub?

1 Like

Just want something that will be rock solid. No preference.

WS2814 is an addressable led strip. I have not seen any Zigbee and/or ZWave controllers for the addressable led strips but you can try WLED Controller (personally I am not using this one) or Pixelblaze (14 very nice active projects). Pixelblaze has a very nice HE driver. I am not sure if WLED also has one., but it could be. And if you really want addressable led strips consider COB style.

Do you have a non-addressable strip that you like? What controller are you using?

Wherever I need a color led strips I am using only COB addressable controlled by Pixelblaze. If color is not required I am using 2700K COB strips controlled by either low voltage dimmers or line voltage dimmers with dimmable led drivers. Low voltage dimmers usually smoother and therefore preferred option.

With your COB strips, do you use diffusers?

COB LED Strips already have a nice light diffuser.
But in some cases (balcony, kitchen cabinets) I am using 90 degree LED Tracks with diffusers only for the strip mounting reason.