Leak Sensor Recommendations?

Maybe but I like my floors sealed :slight_smile:

I would as well, however I couldn't do it when I moved in......now too much stuff to move to do the floor.

You can do it it sections if you don't mind moving stuff around. I did that in my old place. A bit of a pain but worked fine.

If you have them joined to HE, I would tend to agree. Mine are joined to HA and then imported back to HE. This is a super solid setup for Aqara and Mijia devices, so I have no concerns, but (and although I never personally had this issue with Aqara leak sensors specifically) Xiaomi in general can be highly irregular with the Silicon Labs Zigbee radio built into HE.

The component shortage has also skewed the prices on Xiaomi devices. Used to be a bargain. My two Xiaomi leak sensors were around $12 CAD each, but now $25 CAD is the best price I can find. So they've become much less attractive, not having any features other than detection, temp and battery. The Linkind look very nice. All the same features of the very expensive Leaksmart sensors, except for temperature.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really like that the SmartThings and Centralite also report temperature, as that saves me having to add another device in some of the locations where I use the leak sensors. Just have to adjust a bit since they are on the floor...

1 Like

@mike.maxwell the Linkind Leak Sensor defaults to a Generic Zigbee contact sensor when the device is added. Any chance you can add this as a Generic Zigbee moisture sensor? Here's the fingerprint info:

ID: 0064
Manufacturer: LK
Product Name:
Model Number: A001082
deviceTypeId: 483
manufacturer : LK
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0001,0003,0020,0500,0B05
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 02
outClusters : 0019
initialized : true
model : A001082
stage : 4

1 Like

Pair it with the live log open and then paste that with the fingerprint

2 Likes

My Amazon order arrived yesterday afternoon and I just got around to setting them up now. This appears to be a really nice moisture sensor. It's approx 2" square and 3/4" tall with 2 pairs of brass contacts on the bottom. The only negative so far is that out of the box, 2 of the 8 sensors are reporting 6% battery. The remaining 6 report 100% battery. I'm not all that surprised since these don't include a plastic battery pull strip so the device is already powered when sitting it's cardboard packaging. Other than that, pairing them was straight forward and all passed the damp paper towel test.

1 Like

I was done setting them up when I saw your reply. Good tip--I didn't know that was a thing.

1 Like

Just reset and re pair it without deleting it from Hubitat. It will slide back into its slot but give you the fingerprint

2 Likes

2.3.2 will have a new driver Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp), i've added it to that.

8 Likes

For anyone considering the Linkind leak sensors Amazon currently has a 4 pack for $39.99 after a $10 off coupon. I ended up installing 12 of these approx 10 days ago and so far no issues.

3 Likes

The Amazon description says a Linkind hub and WIFI 2.4 required. Can you use the sensor directly with Hubitat without their hub? Is it Zigbee, not WIFI? Can you setup and use without installing their app?

Yes, these are Zigbee and can be used directly with Hubitat as a "Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor".

2 Likes

【APP Alerts (LINKIND HUB REQUIRED)】- Works via Linkind hub to Linkind APP. A Linkind hub is required and sold separately. Requires a secured 2.4G WiFi network connection. Whenever the Linkind water leak sensor detects water, it can send a notification to your phone to remind you the water

Yeah it's kind of misleading as I'm sure they would prefer you using their hub. That statement looks like it is for "APP Alerts" which will be handled via the Hubitat depending on how you set things up.

I have 8 of these (6 are in use right now) and they are working as expected.

2 Likes

Looking for a leak sensor specifically with an external probe (yeah, I know I could tack that on to any leak or contact sensor, but would prefer ready to go). I prefer Zigbee over ZWave, but not a showstopper.

The old Dome sensors with external probe don’t seem to be around even on eBay.

Maybe the Tuya Zigbee Leak Sensor ? I have no experience with these but you can check out some of these threads..

https://community.hubitat.com/search?q=Tuya%20Leak%20Sensor

I have a couple of these Tuyas w/the cable, and they seem to be working fine, as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

Yikes! I'm assuming these are not on Amazon and best ordered from AliExpress. But I'm seeing several different ones that are Zigbee. Some rectangular, some round. Some that take 2xAAA and some that take 2xAA. Could you tell me which of these are the ones you seem to have success with?

I think the rectangular ones are the ones with the external sensor but hopefully @danabw can confirm..

1 Like