Latest Wisdom on Device Plug Controllers

I recently added a Peanut to my setup and it seems to be working great. Before I go out and buy a bunch more I wanted to see if there might be something else I should consider. I've seen threads about Peanuts slowing Hubitat down but these threads are a bit dated and I'm open to other options.

Bonus points if there are plugs that can be stacked in the same outlet.

Thanks!

Most of my outlets are hard-wired but I have a few of these Linkind Zigbee plug-in outlets and they work great with HE. The button controller that comes in the box is not compatible with HE.

I had a ton of these and ended up giving them away. I was getting erratic results but others here have had different experiences.

Some alternatives:

Ikea TRÅDFRI Outlet:

Sengled Smart Outlet:

Innr makes a decent plug.. but only the EU version seems to be "officially" supported.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

1 Like

I've got a bunch of these and they seem to work fine (US).

5 Likes

I thought so too which is why I mentioned it but wanted to make sure I made a disclaimer because only the EU version shows up on the "List of Compatible Devices".

edit: Edited my post to say "officially" supported - which is clearer!! Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah my theory with zigbee has always been "if it works, it works." ZWave not so much.

Zigbee does seem better in that regard but there are still issues - Tuya stuff dropoff, peanut plug erratic routing etc.. Hue devices (now resolved I think). It's a little more obvious with Zigbee at least.

I've got Innr plugs as well - they work well.

2 Likes

Wow so many to choose from. Too bad that button for the Linkind can't be used for anything.

It looks like that Tradfri may not have any manual switch which is also a shame but can't beat that Ikea price tag.

Innr looks good too and nice to know so many people like them. Hard to tell from the photos on Amazon if they can be stacked in the same outlet. Maybe I'll try a couple of each :slight_smile:

There’s also these. They work very well as repeaters, but are load limited to 10A:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PYWS43S/

1 Like

Same here. I've never been able to get the power monitoring to work with them, but they have been totally reliable otherwise.

1 Like

AFAIK, the Innr plugs sold in the US don’t support power monitoring.

3 Likes

I have maybe 10 of the Sonoff s31 lite zigbee plug-ins. You can stack two in a single receptacle but no power monitoring.

Note: there is also a wifi version on Amazon so you need to be careful when ordering.

SONOFF S31 Lite Zigbee Smart Plug US Type 4-Pack, Works with SmartThings, and Amazon Echo Plus, Hub Needed for Amazon Alexa https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y87WD1X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SDJKT6R4791NXSY9YG5W

1 Like

If power monitoring is a desired, then the Sinopé makes a zigbee smart plug (SP2600ZB) that has power monitoring and the same form factor as the Sonoff S31 zigbee plug.

At three the price of the Sonoff plug!

1 Like

Are yours ETL listed?

The ones I bought from Amazon.ca were not (the wi-fi version apparently is ETL listed).