Latest on Zigbee IR blaster?

Do you have a broadlink device already?
I thought the thread I linked had a link to both app & driver?

1 Like

Yes, I do. The HE driver and app are no longer available from the original link in the thread (taken down by the developer of the driver/app). Someone cloned the driver, but I haven't found a clone of the HE app and the driver doesn't work without the HE app.

It looks like if you didn't already have the originals installed before they were removed from GitHub, there is no way to do it now.

Hopefully, the community creates a new driver, because the blaster itself is really useful and one of my better smart home purchases

Buried within that thread is this link to both the driver and the app. I have no clue how well this version works.

1 Like

Thank you!! I will try it and report back

Admittedly, this was not designed to work with the RM4, but I thought it was worth trying out on the RM4Pro and it did not work. I think if you could get your hands on an RM3, it probably would still work

Are you interested in using the Broadlink RM3 for IR (infrared) control? Have you considered an alternative approach using @bptworld's Send IP2IR? Full local control - like the Lutron integration.

It works with Global Cache iTach IP2IR and WF2IR devices linked below:

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-IP2IR-iTach-Wired/dp/B003BFTKUC

https://www.amazon.com/Global-Cache-WF2IR-iTach-Wi-Fi/dp/B0051BU418/

Both of these can be optionally outfitted with IR blasters etc.

3 Likes

RM mini 3 works great and is cheaper than a bag of chips :smiley:

2 Likes

Old thread but as I lay here in bed freezing my â– â– â–  off as the AC is set too low I found myself wanting an option to control an infrared mini split from
HE
Is this a fairly simple integration?
Regards
Mac

Which brand? There are community based integrations for some brand/models.

Here's mine, which supports a variety of Broadlink remotes including the newer RM4 generation: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

4 Likes

It’s a Daikin. Family and I just moved to Malaysia. Not much here I can find here for zwave. Or for zigbee products for that matter. Been in our condo. For one day and I’m itching to set something up! Being a condo I’m trying to find products that aren’t hard wired in. There is like 7 mini splits in the condo. Hoping I can automate at least 4 of them. And the ceiling fans…all IR.

Try the Broadlink RM3 Mini or RM4 Mini. They're really cheap, wifi-based, and are very reliable for IR.

1 Like

Looks like I can get both. Any preference?
A little more expensive than the US but not much I can do about that!

And the ceiling fans also IR.

I'd do RM3 Mini personally. But whichever is cheaper will work.

Are you sure those are IR remotes and not RF?

From what I can see on an internet search they are IR. And when not pointed at the AC unit they don’t change settings when pressed. So I’m thinking IR. I’ll get the 3s. They are cheaper. Once they arrive I may have to reach out for some help integrating !
Thanks.
Mac

1 Like

Sounds good. Hit me up in my main Broadlink thread if you have any questions.

Appreciate that.
I can’t recall if I packed my hub in the air shipment ( coming next week ) or the sea can ( on a slow boat from china :slight_smile: ). But I take back the comment about more expensive. Found a deal on line. I have three RM 4s ordered for about 55 USD total. Not too shabby !
Cheers.
Mac.

1 Like

zxt-600 will do it...

any chance you can point me to the thread. When i search for Broadlink...im getting several threads...uncertain which one is the right thread.
Hub arrived today....yay
Mac