Latest Iris Zigbee Smart Plugs aren't discovered properly

As I mentioned, this is a learning curve for me. I’ve never programed DTHs before, but I wanted to do something to try and make sure these 3210 plugs were working so my ZigBee network was extending. When I asked support about the lack of power on the USB dongle, the reply was “Our testing was inconclusive.” So it seems an absolute to have one of these if you have ZigBee devices. I have 19. Ok, off my soap box.

I don’t know the firmware of my plugs. I bought them a week ago so I think they are new. I’ll move one back over to ST and see what it reports.

I’m running into an interesting pairing process with non-hubitat drivers. I can pair the device once and it will be seen as a device. Sometimes it will be seen as a generic zigbee “whatever.” I then associated it with the correct driver and delete it. The next time it associates with the correct driver. This is the process I’ve used with the 2 3210s, 15 Visonic Contact Sensors and 4 leakSmart sensors. I’m not sure if it’s cached or how the whole process behind the scenes works.

I am using this diver because it give me the ability to turn it on and off and recognize the device as what it is. I will take some time over the weekend and learn more about how to write drivers and see if I can clean up both the ZigBee and the Z-Wave drivers.

2 Likes

@michaelahess assuming you are using the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver with these, did you "Enable automatic power reporting" in the Device settings? Its off by default but you can change it to report power. The language on this drop down is confusing but its there to filter out the noise and reduce the power events. 5 watts will report an event for a change greater than 5 watts, 15 watts will report an event for a change greater than 15 watts, and so on.

1 Like

Yeah that works but I need the other drivers functionality. Energy as well as wattage is logged on all of my outlets\strips.

I’d like that too. I’ll look at it over the weekend and see if I can fix it.

1 Like

I tried out these DHs because the standard zigbee outlet did not control the outlet.

I am getting the same result with this DH.

I haven’t tried to repair it just switched the DH.

Try pairing it close to the hub and controlling it there first. I have one that paired OK but couldn't control it until I moved it close to the hub first for pairing turn moved it to the permanent location.

Greetings. My apologies for not fixing the device handler yet. I got overloaded with personal stuff and I’m getting back up to speed with my coding. It’ll be another week or so before I can fix this.

I had the same experience placing it for ZigBee extending. I paired it close to the hub and then moved to another room. Both of the ones I have work well as extenders and on/off with the drivers above.

I also have two Dome Z-wave plugs. I’ll post the code when I get home. I have been using the power on them to turn on other devices so, if you are up against the WAF, it might be a quick short term fix.

One again my apologies and I will work on the code as soon as possible.

1 Like

No need to apologize, I’m just grateful you are working on this! Thank you!

Not sure if you’ve had a chance to work on this yet, I got this error when I tried to create a new driver with the raw code from github.
startup failed: Script1.groovy: 34: unexpected token: } @ line 34, column 1. } ^ 1 error
I have no idea what that means, but I deleted line 34 and I was able to save the driver.
I changed a couple of the Iris plug Zwave repeaters to that driver, and they show as “active”.
When I ran a zwave repair their status is Failed.

I was able to pair both modules zigbee/zwave to hubitat, but i have the control issue as well. I use both DH from @homeauto2112, tried also the original from blebson and the generic zigbee outlet. But none of them let me control the switch for the outlet, did anyone came with a solution for this already?

Thanks for the help.

Is there a solution to this? I still can't control my z-wave side of things, in fact it's been inactive since 3/17

I was a bear to get paired, zigbee first then z-wave but it finally worked yet I can't control it. I have 2 with the same results

Rick

the zwave side of this is a repeater, it does not control the switch. That is only controllable via zigbee.

Thanks Mike, that makes sense to me now

Rick

1 Like

Any more code work being done on the Iris Z-Wave Repeater side @homeauto2112 ?

There is a Generic Z-Wave Repeater driver you could try if you think there's issue. I have six plugs using this driver right now with not much of an issue.

I drifted away from this a while ago and never quite found my way back. I was mostly trying to work on the ZigBee side of things for control and reporting. Z-Wave seems to just be a repeater and that's all.

1 Like

Thank you @ritchierich for mentioning the confusing power events filter. Save me some hairpulling here!

1 Like

Hi all, yet another ST refugee here, busy converting all my stuff to HE. I ran into some of the same issues posted in this thread and and combined bits and pieces and managed to get it all working; Plug on/off, correct wattage reading and Z-wave repeater configured.

Just sharing the combined set of steps I took to get my bunch of Iris Gen2 Smartplug s3210-L going. I adapted the posting here to HE.

This presumes one has already excluded, deleted, cursed and excommunicated any prior dealings with this device.

1. Install srwhite's HE Iris Z-wave Repeater DTH (or do we call them drivers here on HE?)
  2. Put the HE hub into Zigbee pairing mode
  3. Reset the plug by holding down the button while inserting it into the outlet, letting go once the blue led turns on->off. The hub should find a "Generic Zigbee Outlet."
  4. Label and save the device
  5. If wattage is important to you, go back and edit the new device, as @ritchierich pointed out above: change the "Enable automatic power reporting" to the minimum amount of watts you want the device to react on. Since I'm monitoring when some LED flood lights go full bright , I'm using the value 10 Watt. Remember to Save Preferences and the Iris plug should begin reporting the watts. This takes care of the switch and wattmeter parts.
  6. to get the Z-wave repeater going, unplug the device, and wait a few seconds.
  7. put the HE hub in Z-wave pairing mode
  8. plug it back in (do not hold the button down this time) and when the blue led goes on->off, rapidly push the button 3 times. This should cause the HE hub to find a "Generic Z-Wave repeater"
  9. Label and save the new device, then edit it and change the Type dropdown to the "Iris Z-Wave Repeater" device you installed in step 1.
  10. Save the device and Bob's your uncle!
3 Likes