lastCodeName event no longer firing on pin pad devices after upgrading Hub to C8

I'm using Schlage BE468/BE469 Locks and an alarm pin pad. All my integrations that execute when lastCodeName event fires have stopped working after migrating to the new hub. I verified that from the Events tab of the device from Hub device page this event is not firing when entering a code into the pin pad as it did prior. I've looked at both WebCore pistons and native rules and neither get called when a pin code is entered. I've also removed and re-added a lock to see if that might fix it; it does not. I also tried a basic WebCore piston that simply writes an info message if the event fires and it never gets called. My only guess at this point is something related to new zwave security from the hub? Can anyone else confirm they are seeing the same and if so was there a work-around or perhaps a compatibility regression from C-7 that I didn't see written up?

Happy to collect any traces if it would help. Hub firmware version is 2.3.7.144 but this regression has been happening for the past several versions. I'm using built-in Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock driver.

I have three of these (various models but including at least those two) and the event is firing as expected for me.

If you had "Enable lock code encryption" enabled on your old hub, did you disable it before migrating? You can re-enable it afterwards if so desired, but it's one thing that could cause this problem after migration if this is what happened. (Removing and re-adding the lock should have also taken care of that, but I'm not exactly sure what full process you followed for that.)

If you set the codes with Lock Code Manager, letting it do that again (and being incredibly patient while it does so, especially if you're trying this on four devices) might help. You may need to remove the codes from each lock/pad from the device detail page manually first, then let LCM re-create things. A "Fetch Lock Codes" may help if what's on the device detail page doesn't match what you see for the device (and especially with Z-Wave, give it time to complete).

Hmmm. Are you running the same Hub firmware version? I'm stumped. I don't recall if I had "Enable lock code encryption" enabled on the old hub. This is the device setting right? I just used the lock pin pad to reset all codes, then removed unpaired the lock, then re-set the lock to factory, then re-paired it. I then one-by-one removed all codes with Lock Code Manager, and re-entered each, verifying they were picked up by the lock one-by-one. Lock code encryption is de-selected in the Lock settings by default. I can see the lockCodes property on the device page and all are there. I can also see the individual lock code add events. I've tried with lock code encryption enabled and disabled. Same thing. the lastCodeName event is not firing. Neither is the lock event. So the lock is operating properly, but the events are not being picked up by the Hub and not shown in the device events tab.

Any ideas?

I'm always on the latest firmware, sometimes a build ahead. :slight_smile: (I'm in beta.) At that time I would have been on the latest.

Have you narrowed down an app versus device issue? That is, have you verified in decide "Events" (button on the device detail page), not just based on app behavior?

Yes. The events are not being shown in the Events tab on the Device page. So something is fishy independent of App. I have been seeing a notice on occasion (the talk bubble icon, same as when an update is available) that Zwave is unresponsive. A reboot fixes it but at no time are these lock events firing any longer after switch to C-8.