Kwiksets Smartcode 914 Zigbee and Hubitat - will an app manage codes and schedules?

I have two 914 Z-Wave locks that are working. I can remotely lock and unlock from the Hubitat app. What I really want to do is add them to my google home. I have been able to integrate
Z-Wave switches and lights but I can't get the locks to integrate. I work for ADT so I known they work with google. I install them every day with alarm.com and then link the account to google. So I know it can be done. Am I missing something? New to Hubitat and could use some help. Starting to get frustrated.

The built in Google home integration does not support locks. You can probably use the community integration from @mbudnek

Google Assistant/Home does not allow unlocking of locks. BUT...

What I did is created a virtual switch and created rules that lock or unlock the door triggered by the switch change. (Keep in mind you also need a rule that changes the switch to match the lock if you lock/unlock it manually.) After that, I made two Google routines. One has a trigger of "Unlock the door" and flips the virtual switch to on. "Lock the door" flips the switch to off. The rules get triggered and the lock changes.

I should note there are many here that do not like automated locks and garage doors and would never do this for security reasons.

2 Likes

Not so much we don't like automated locks, I would be hesitant to have them on a voice command though...

How do I set a virtual switch for four locks and rule

Devices, add device, virtual device. Choose type. The create your rule and use the virtual switch as the trigger.

1 Like