Kwikset zigbee module 450202 vs 450201?

I have 4 Kwikset Z-Wave locks that I am sick of - they drop off the network, don't respond to commands, and/or don't update status. The 1 Zigbee lock I have has been great.

So - time to replace the Z-Wave modules with Zigbee. From searching online, it looks like 450201 is the P/N typically referenced for the Zigbee module. But - I see a seller on eBay who has P/N 450202. The ad references Control4 specifically - but descriptions says seller doesn't know if it's just Control4 or if it will work with anything.

Anyone know if this P/N 450202 will work with Hubitat?

Based on the fact that NYCE (a long-time zigbee device manufacturer) makes a big deal on their website that their C4-version devices are not compatible with regular zigbee, I'd stay steer clear of that C4 module.

But hopefully someone smarter can confirm for certain with this particular device.

3 Likes

I found a news release where Kwikset announced a version of their locks that was compatible with C4, so I think you are probably right. I'll keep looking for more of the 450201 modules. Thanks.

2 Likes

I would like to replace my 3 modules as well but I just can't seem to find a good supply; just the odd eBay one-off.
All 3 of my locks are constantly rerouting and huge RTT Avg. The rest of the Z-Wave mesh is all happy in the low ms range.

1 Like

Look for the Kwikset Convert Amazon Key models and harvest the Zigbee cards from those. It appears that you can get used models for less than $60 right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-Convert-Smart-Conversion-Amazon/dp/B072NCJTNG/

The fact that it's used or perhaps the wrong finish doesn't matter, as all you need is the Zigbee card from the inside. (And if that doesn't work, return as non-functioning.)

I would keep the Amazon unit as a 'portable' card carrier, though. It makes switching between Z-Wave and Zigbee cards a bit easier.

2 Likes

Thanks for this! Was able to snag 2 off eBay earlier this week, and got 2 used ones from your link. That should take care of all my zwave locks. Probably will try to resell the zwave cards, or swap them and resell the conversion kits as zwave.

1 Like

I really don't understand why they struggle with zwave so much. Frustrating.

Sadly the eBay link is 85 CDN plus 22 in taxes and duties. 3 cards would be over 300.00 and the 3 offending locks are fairly new. :frowning:

1 Like

Quick update - the two Amazon Key units I bought came with 450202 modules. I was able to successfully pair both of them to Hubitat, as well as the 450201 module I bought on eBay. So I guess they both work. Hope this helps someone.

3 Likes