Kwikset SmartCode 914 Lock doesn't communicate back to the Hub

Kwikset SmartCode 914 Lock
Hub communicates to the lock BUT Lock doesn't communicate back to the Hub

The hub can lock & unlock the lock
but the lock does not communicate the status back to the hub

Same result setting the lock as "Generic Z-Wave lock" OR Schlage FE599/BE369.

Includint/Pairing identifies the lock as a Schlage FE599/BE369 not SmartCode

Lock has been reset to factory settings with no change

The Generic Zwave Lock is actually the best fit for the 914 that I’ve found. As you are having issues, you may want to consider installing the Reliable Locks app in addition to using the Generic Zwave Lock driver and see if it can solve your issue.

How are you viewing status, on a dashboard, or through the device's settings page? Do the two pages match?

And is this the first Zwave device do you have, or do you have a good stable Zwave mesh? Lots of line powered devices or repeaters, or all battery devices?

And finally, did you hit "Configure" on the device setting page after you changed from one lock driver (generic vs Schlage) to the other?

And welcome to Hubitat forums.

1 Like

How do I install installing the Reliable Locks app in addition to using the Generic Zwave Lock driver?

Change the lock driver back to the Generic Zwave Lock, and then either use HPM to install the Reliable Locks app or do a manual install from these instructions:

Where do I go to find this link?

Paste in the contents of ReliableLocks.groovy

There are 3 files the main app, a child app and a device driver:

Thank you

Clearly I am out of my league

I downloaded this app and it doesn’t look like anything I’ve ever seen

I can’t find this to paste in the Hubitat driver manager “ReliableLockVirtualDevice.groovy”

We’ve all been there at some point, just give it some time and you’ll be a pro before you know it:

Drivers Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joelwetzel/Hubitat-Reliable-Locks/master/ReliableLockVirtualDevice.groovy

Apps Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joelwetzel/Hubitat-Reliable-Locks/master/ReliableLocks.groovy

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joelwetzel/Hubitat-Reliable-Locks/master/ReliableLocksInstance.groovy

You import the Raw code into the App Code section. How to Install Custom Apps - Hubitat Documentation

Thank you

Thank you to both [thebearmay] & [neonturbo ambassador)

1 Like

I uploaded the Apps codes: but the Driver code seems to have errors.
Anyone know how to repair the errors?

Ă— Metadata Error:Please check if you inadvertently pasted driver code into apps code window on line 18

That error is probably correct.

You will have to switch to the Driver code instead of the Apps code tab. The "ReliableLockVirtualDevice.groovy" should be imported there. The process is identical, but just in that different area.

The other two "ReliableLocks.groovy" and "ReliableLocksInstance.groovy" get put into Apps Code tab.

Part success.

Now have the reliable virtual lock working on the Devices page

No luck with the dashboard the reliable virtual lock still doesn't do anything

Are you using the Virtual Device that the app created for you in the Dashboard?

1 Like

Yes

Strange on the Devices screen.

Unlocking the Reliable Virtual Lock lock reports back status as unlocked

Locking does not report back so the status message remains as unlocked

Did you turn on the Retry if Lock doesn’t respond option?