Kwikset Locks 914 & 916

Mike,

I have a Kwikset 914 & 916 and noticing that they seem to lose communication with Hubitat. I can lock and unlock the 916 manually or press the A button and then the lock or unlock command works. The 914 has a zwave plus board. I can push the A link button and then the lock starts working.

I'm guessing Kwikset is not waking up to accept a command. Is there something missing in Hubitat to wake the lock? Thanks

Zigbee or z-wave ?

I had nothing but problems with my zwave kwikset locks when used on hubitat. They worked 99% fine on SmartThings.

Don't know why. I'm convinced it's something specific to hubitat. But they seem convinced of the opposite, and I don't have the data to prove it so I guess we will agree to disagree. :slight_smile:

In any case, I replaced the modules with zigbee ones, and they work perfectly now. I know that doesn't help you, just sharing that I was never about to get mine reliable when they were z Wave no matter what I did - and there are other similar stories on here if you search for them...

I have a 50+ device all zwave plus mesh, with 30+ repeating and beamforming capable devices. Not sure there is anything I could have done to strengthen my mesh further...

They are zwave..And they did not skip a beat when they were on ST.

JasonJoel,

Ordered the Zigbee modules. Thanks for you assistance.

Received a Kwikset 914 Zigbee. Discovered just fine. I'm unable to program any codes. Any ideas?

• endpointId: 02
  • application: 1C
  • model: SMARTCODE_DEADBOLT_10
  • manufacturer: Kwikset

Please post a screen shot of the driver details page

No obvious ideas on my end. I just added a lock code via lock manager this weekend - no issues.

I would ask what color your module is to make sure it isn't a Control4 model... But it shouldn't even pair at all if it is Control4. At least the one I have won't (I didn't expect it to, either).

My lock does show up slightly different in HE. Not sure exactly what the difference is, though.

I have one like this:

And two like:

As always, if you haven't already, try hitting configure and wait a minute... Probably won't help, but won't hurt either.

I mean the driver details, not the discovery details.

Sorry..

Do the lock and unlock commands work?
The code fetch didn't complete, and the lock is reporting an unknown state, this may well be the result of a mesh issue.
Do you have any zigbee bulbs other than sengled connected to hubitat?
Do you have any zigbee zigbee smart plugs (repeaters)?

Problem - Bad Card
Replaced card with another. Would not setup properly unless the keypad was plugged in. All is working now. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Using Hubitat C7 with Kwikset 916 Z-Wave Lock, (Generic Z-Wave Lock) and using Lock code manager. Everything worked perfect when first paired then the dashboard stopped working would not lock or unlock the lock. If I manually lock or unlock the lock it reports immediately to the dashboard and when I use the keypad it reports immediately correctly to the dashboard?

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to share my experience on this seemingly relevant thread.

I have 5 Kwikset SmartCode 914 locks and they were rock-solid on SmartThings. I like Hubitat's local processing so I switched. Ever since my locks have been less than reliable. The hub often loses track of state and fails to automatically lock them. This wasn't an issue on ST at all. Now I have to manually check them each night and when I leave like some sort of caveman. :stuck_out_tongue: I was hoping the new C7 hub would improve things, but from the sound of Mike H's post it hasn't.

I'm strongly considering moving at least my locks back to SmartThings. It seems like every platform has its weaknesses unfortunately. Sadly, having a single-platform solution is probably unrealistic.

I'm also considering Home Assistant, but I'm not sure I have another platform-switch in me and I'm sure it'll come with its own flaws.

Had the same issue when switching to Hubitat. I changed mine (2 locks) to Zigbee and they have worked flawless. You can find parted out Kwikset assemblies with Zigbee cards on either Amazon or Ebay fairly reasonable. Otherwise tag Mike Maxwell to assist.

I have one 914 on my front door. Bought it after I left ST. It has worked flawlessly since day one. I also get about 7 months out of the batteries. Just a note however, I have a Zwave repeater within 4 feet of it. Hope this helps