Kwikset Connet 620...wont get past initialize

Brand new to product. Trying to use the C8 to connect my front door lock to Alexa.

Ive update firmware on hub, did whatever an "exclusion" is, factory reset lock, located hub literally inches from the lock, selected 620 from lock list and started inclusion, it says found zwave device and starts to initialize.
Proceeds to time out and tells me to get f'd.

No idea what to do next.

Plenty of Kwikset 620 stories in the community. I don't claim any expertise, only empathy. Below was my story.

Just Installed one 1-2 days ago ..
I used the PHONE APP - SmartStart < - Worked fine.
take a pic of the qrl code follow directions.
( will take a few minutes to auto add. ) helps if you "play with the lock " Open / Close etc.
The goto devices and pick the

I have had this a few times in the past; I have 3 of them.
If you weren't close and avoiding repeaters you can get a pairing ZW ghost left in the ZW devices list.
Everytime you try to pair again it recognizes the unpaired ghost and seems to keep using it to complete the pair.
You need to look for the unfinished device, sometimes labelled "Device" in the list or having the word Discover or Pending next to it's name/ID.
If it's there it has ot be removed and then pairing should be fresh.
I also found if this isn't the case a power down and off for a few minutes will clear the ZW radio buffer and allow pairing.
There are a lot of threads on various ways to delete a ghost or pair a lock with issues.
Probably one of mine from 3 or 4 years back. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I picked up an Aeotec Smart Home Hub and it connected to everything instantly.

Entire process took under a minute.

Scaned QR code on the hub and it was added to SmartThingsin a couole seconds.

Pushed the connect button on the lock and it was is immediately recognized and added to SmartThings via the hub.

Enabled the Alexa skill for SmartThings,

Done.

Literally took longer for the hub to initialize and update its firmware than it did to get the lock working with Alexa.

Sorry Hubitat...being returned to Amazon tomorrow.

No worries, and that's understandable.

I like Hubitat a lot, but I'm the first to admit that when the zwave radio gets in a weird spot (which it does at times - sometimes reproducibly - and then requires a shutdown and full power removal) or if it makes a ghost in the process of getting in a weird condition, that it gets very confusing for end customers as then things that should work... Well, don't.

Hubitat is great, but the zwave portion/stack is the most fragile part of it (for me).