Kwikset 914 Zigbee

I had a Kwikset 620 Zwave and couldn't pair. So I exchanged for a 914 Zigbee thinking it would be easier. It won't pair. I even moved the hub to with 4 ft. As per Kwikset instrutions to remove from network hit B button 9 times the A button once to include. I tried 4 times with no success. I used the mobile app so hub, phone and lock are within 3 ft of each other.
Firmware 2.3.5.152 C7 hub

I had that same Zigbee lock. I had zero issues pairing it. You should not need to move the hub closer to the lock. Zigbee pairing does not have the same requirement as Z-Wave. In fact, it is best to pair the lock with it and the hub in place.

Seems to me that you have some type of issue going on with your hub, as you've posted about Z-Wave issues and now cannot get a Zigbee lock to pair (which should be much easier to do than with the Z-Wave lock).

What exactly happens in Hubitat when you attempt to pair the lock? What are the steps you are taking?

As I said before I moved the hub hit the B button 9 times I assume that excludes the hit A button once and on the app start zig we inclusion. I even hit B button 7 times as instructed and tried. Hub doesn’t recognize and times out

Where does it say hit B button 7 times? Also, you should have only needed to put the hub into Zigbee pairing mode and hit the A button 4 times. Start the paring on the hub first before you hit the A button 4 times to pair the lock.

2 Likes

I found the problem. Age: I can't see small things and need a magnifyer glass because it said four times and I did it only once. Thank you for the help. All works and now to do the lock code manager so it locks at 10 pm and I don't have to hear my wife. Did you lock the door?

3 Likes

Ok now for part 2. I want to be able to set a time 10PM to make sure the door is locked. I thought that was done with Lock Manager. I had setup the user and code but didn't find where I could set a time like I do for the lights.

It is not done through LCM. LCN is for adding user codes. You need to setup a rule using one of the apps (Basic Rules, Simple Automation Rules, Rule Machine).

1 Like

Easiest would be a Basic Rule, something like this:

1 Like

Thank you Jkudave and Jwjr. It all works now.

2 Likes

Another question on the lock. I have setup the Basic Rule and it works but is there a way to be notified that after the time set (8 PM) if it doesn't lock. I know there is Notifier but I don't think it will notifiy Pushover to my cell.

Why not?

You probably need to use Rule Machine as opposed to Notifications. I don't think the Notification app will allow you to setup a notification for the lock based on time.

I don't see it inRule Machine. It was the first place I checked.

Any way of getting a notification to my phone if door is unlocked by 10 pm?

Again, use Rule Machine.

This user app is fantastic for extending your control and monitoring your door locks.

1 Like

Sorry I don't see anything in RuleMachine to send a text to my phone if the door is not locked by 10pm. I am no programmer and unless it is pick and choose I am lost.

You need to build the rule to do what you want. Create the trigger (time is 10pm), condition/required expression (lock is unlocked) and actions (send notification to phone).

Thanks. I started reading it but it is over my head. I am 76 and it doesn't sink in too much.

Here is my solution: Set up a rule for it to lock every single time it is unlocked for more than x minutes (2, 4, 10 whatever). That way if someone unlocks it after the your arbitrary time, it will relock itself.

Another solution you can use concurrently is to identify some trigger that happens consistently every night after which noone will unlock the door - ie if the bathroom light goes on after 9 pm, when the reading light is turned off after 9 pm, or when the TV is turned off after 9 pm. The best trigger is a pressure sensor in the bed - when it confirms you have gone to bed. Then write a rule to lock the door at that trigger. In my case I have not needed to do that because the first rule mentioned above keeps my door locked.

I've also found that as long as the door is latched, I don't need any supplemental confirmation or backup plan. In over 1.5 years the door has never failed to lock when it is latched.