Kwikset 620 - configuration

Installed a Kwikset 620 and it's up and running with Hubitat and the generic zwave lock driver. Works great, but I'd like to turn off the blinking LED. Can't find anything about how to do that from the lock itself, but I did stumble on this link in a Kwikset support answer.

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/4081/configs

Is this something to do with the Configure button on the device page in Hubitat? If so, how would I write the value 0 to parameter 1?

Try this procedure, as outlined in the 620's manual:

2 Likes

Oh thanks for finding that. I don't know why I couldn't. I'm still curious how I'd do it via HE, just to learn. I'm guessing some sort of JSON I have to pass?

1 Like

I don't believe that is possible via HE, especially not without a custom device driver for that particular lock.

Unless the driver exposes a preference for it, you'd need to use something like the Basic Z-Wave Tool to change a specific parameter--along with the required information from the device manual (parameter number, size, and the meaning of whatever value).

2 Likes

I am a bit late to the party, but can confirm that you can use Basic Z-Wave Tool (parameter 1, size 1, value 0) to turn off the LED.

With the LED on, I have about 11 months on the original batteries (showing 24% and 33%). It will be nice to not have that steady drain and stretch life even further.

1 Like

This is not in my manual and it doesn't appear to work. However, I haven't gotten it to pair yet, so maybe that's the problem?

Worked perfectly on my unit. I misread the graphic at first and only performed steps 1 and 2. Then I saw that 3 and 4 were under it. I literally pressed each button once.

I didn’t see those steps either. Haven’t tried it yet. What is still puzzling I can’t find that in the manual that came with it or any of the manuals I can download.

Edit: Ok, worked. A little confusing as to how many times to push 1 button. Took me a couple tries to get it right.