Kudos on the reslience of the System Update process

Since I'm happy to give negative critique :grimacing: I figure I shouldn't skip out when something really good happens :innocent:

I recently updated my second C5 to the latest software. This hub is at the far end of a WiFi bridge which is occasionally "wet vegetation" handicapped. It just so happens at the same time I had a repeater space out on me causing an inadequately built (thought out) rule to barrage me with notifications after the repeater came back up and a reporting device was basically out of sync (with my rule). The non stop notifications started just about the time I was downloading the latest update and I was faced with thinking I might have to pull the plug on the hub at what I thought was a hung update at 20% download.

So, I go out to the remoted hub location, I pull the plug on the repeater so the end device reporting and triggering that rule is put "out-of-touch" for a bit. At this point I am expecting the network link to the hub to have been compromised and dropped too many times.

My laptop is having to switch APs to get back to seeing the hub IF it's still there and I'm having flash backs to the Community posts of people having frozen updates, resets required, blah blah blah.

Low and behold, a mouse click away I find the blooming hub FINISHING THE UPDATE sans problems! Way-to-go-Idaho!

I know we can tear this apart and say, "yeah, but...you never lost this or that...and of course it was going to be fine". But just let me say I have, over the years, seen plenty of things be royally F-ed up from such a chain of events.

Thanks HE Folk.

10 Likes