Konnected Alarm Panel wired alarm system integration

The Konnected Alarm Panel now works with Hubitat Elevation!

Konnected replaces your old, dumb and outdated wired alarm system and integrates all of your home's wired sensors and siren to Hubitat Elevation now with 100% local operation with no dependency on internet or cloud services! Use Hubitat's built-in Hubitat Safety Monitor to replicate alarm system functionality and monitor your home from anywhere with no monthly fees.

konnected%20hubitat%20hero%202

Note: Konnected is an unofficial integration! Use our open source apps and drivers to connect your Hubitat instance to Konnected. Support is provided by Konnected, Inc at help.konnected.io

Find out what our Kickstarter backers and thousands of SmartThings and Home Assistant users have been raving about. Konnected is the lowest-cost and most flexible way to modernize an aging wired alarm system.

35226234_10155987394550892_4049571861346910208_n%20(1)

Each Konnected Alarm Panel supports up to 6 zones or wired sensors including door/window contacts, motion sensors, smoke & CO detectors, glass-break detectors, wired leak and pressure sensors, and more. It's infinitely expandable by simply adding more 6-zone modules. Our kits come with everything you need for 6, 12, 18 or 24 zone setups.

hubitat%20battery%20bundle

Exclusive for our Hubitat customers! We've created a specially designed backup battery bundle for use with the Hubitat Elevation hub. Don't let a power outage take out your smart home security system -- the Konnected Mini-UPS backup battery supplies up to 12 hours of uninterrupted power to keep your hub running happily.

Take 20% off the Hubitat Elevation backup battery bundle with code GOLOCAL when you purchase any Konnected Alarm Panel conversion kit on konnected.io. To claim this offer, add both a Konnected Alarm Panel kit and Hubitat backup battery bundle to your cart and enter code GOLOCAL at checkout.

Note: Due to shipping restrictions on lithium ion batteries, Konnected's backup batteries may only be shipped to addresses in the continental U.S. and Canada

Real Customer Reviews

:star::star::star::star::star: 5-star review from Scott S.

Phenomenal Product, Performance Beyond Expectations, First Class Support Too!
I supported this product on Kickstarter and purchased the Konnected Alarm Panel 10 pack. Have so far replaced 3 traditional alarm systems and have been seriously impressed with the ease of installation and performance of Konnected setup each time. Friends and family have been thrilled by their new smart alarm systems and I can assure you that for anyone with an existing wired alarm, this really is THE way forward. Ran into a small issue while using a wireless range extender but Nate was very quick to highlight the problem. You can rest assured that the any support you need with your installation will be absolutely first class - Nate is a complete gentleman and even sent me a circuit sketch when I had an enquiry regarding the relay setup.

Bottom line, I searched high and low for a smart alarm to replace my existing wired alarm panel and am extremely happy I came across Konnected. The flexibility and customization available once you have switched over is limitless - equivalent alarm features from Honeywell and others will literally cost you THOUSANDS of dollars. Grab this bargain now! :slight_smile:

:star::star::star::star::star: 5-star review from Gregory H.

It's about time
Very happy I discovered the Konnected Alarm Panel conversion kit to update our home's wired security system. Installation of the Konnected boards and connecting existing sensor wiring (took less than an hour) was very simple by following on-line videos. We monitor everything from our phones when away from home running SmartThings app. No more monitoring fees!

:star::star::star::star::star: 5-star review from Tom G.

Just what I have been looking for.
We had an older wired alarm system that we didn't use because it was unreliable and we didn't know the password. It was also not user friendly. I contacted several companies and asked them if they would update my system or sell their hardware to me but none would without a monthly monitoring fee and three year contract. I finally found Konnected and it was exactly what I needed. Once I received the initial 6 zone board, I immediately installed it and it was flawless. I was so excited I have now purchased and added an addon board so I could separate out my house into more zones. I use a Kindle Fire 7 as my display to replace my old alarm keypad. Most importantly is my wife is now happy with our new Konnected alarm system and knows how to arm and disarm it. Thanks Konnected for designing and producing a great product.

How to Install

Load our open source apps and drivers into your Hubitat instance. Once added, enable OAuth on the Konnected Service Manager app and then go to Load New App and choose Konnected (Connect) to begin the discovery process. Detailed Hubitat-specific setup and documentation will be coming soon to our help portal at help.konnected.io.

Here to Help

Konnected was created by smart home enthusiast and software engineer Nate Clark (that's me!) using all open-source software, tools and the ESP8266 WiFi development board. I created this product because I'm passionate about home automation and firmly believe that you should own your security system. Other companies place limits on integration capabilities, charge fees for remote access, or require long-term monitoring contracts. Not Konnected!

We're part of the community too, and are here to help and answer any questions you may have.

11 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Help with setting up alarm

When trying to install the Contact Sensor Device I am getting an error when I save it. Here is the error:

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Konnected (Connect), namespace:konnected-io, author:konnected.io, ...]]

1 Like

Also, when I try to install the momentary switch I am getting this error:

The method public java.lang.Object currentBinaryValue() { ... } duplicates another method of the same signature . At [79:1] @ line 79, column 1. Repetitive method name/signature for method 'java.lang.Object currentBinaryValue()' in class 'Script1'. @ line 71, column 1. Repetitive method name/signature for method 'java.lang.Object currentBinaryValue()' in class 'Script1'. @ line 79, column 1.

I had this all setup and it was working great until it seems that as of yesterday none of the devices are reporting anything anymore. Motion and door sensors aren't reporting motion or open and closed.

I started having the same issue last week. In my case the Konnected modules are disconnecting from my Wifi network. You can verify by going into the Konnected "App" in Hubitat, and clicking the "Device status" link. It will try to re-direct your browser directly to the IP address of your Konnected device. If you get an "Unable to connect" message from your browser when it tries to connect to the Konnected IP address that means your device lost it's connection to your Wifi network.

You can further verify by using your smartphone to scan for Wifi networks near the area where your Konnected devices are set up. If you see Wifi networks with the name "Konnected_" that means the Konnected device was unable to connect to your Wifi network and so it's reverted back to it's initial first time set up mode where it sets up it's own Wifi network for you to use to set it up.

Mine keeps disconnecting randomly. The only fix I've found so far is to pull the power from the Konnected board, wait a few seconds and power it back on. That usually gets them to reconnect to Wifi automatically.

I had to take them all out and re-install everything again. Hope this doesn't continue.

I had 2 of these configured since the day @nate released the Hubitat code. It has been rock solid for me. They were only rebooted once and that was because of an extended power outage we had.
I've been running S/w version 2.2.3 alongside F/w version 2.2.2.

Are both you and @pcgirl running a different s/w or f/w versions?

I have a new esp8266 on my workbench with the latest software loaded...2.2.4 I believe it is....but havent had time to test it for extended periods. Maybe Nate will chime in with suggestions for you both.

I am using the S/W 2.2.3 and the firmware was the latest. I updated before I installed them on hubitat.

Edit: added fileSystem to be more accurate.

I was under the impression that both the s/w and f/w needed to be updated together. I can't find any documentation that says that, but that's just how I work with these types of devices.
Currently the latest fileSystem(s/w) is 2.2.4 and f/w is 2.2.4
When I installed the latest fileSystem (s/w) was 2.2.3 and f/w was 2.2.2

Personally, I would ensure I have one of the combo's above as mixing them might lead to strange behavior. All this is based on my general experience and not first hand knowledge of how Konnected should work. Take it for what it is.

Sorry, I didn't change the firmware from what it was when I got it. I was looking at something else. Anyways, my firmware and software are both 2.2.0. Service Manager is 2.2.3

I'm wondering if the Service Manager was designed to work with a newer filesystem and firmware.
When Nate release the Hubitat apps and drivers, they were both on the versiions I currently have:

I can't recommend you update to the latest because I haven't used it myself but "if I were you" I would update and test...or wait for @nate to chime in.

I'm in the latest firmware of everything and it works fine, I think the 2.2.3 had a memory leak problem.

1 Like

@nate

I moved my 3 panel Konnected system from ST to HE today. (2 boards at 2.2.2 and 1 at 2.2.4 - wish you could update firmware OTA...).

Process was flawless, and everything was working in literally a few minutes (<5 minutes for all 3 panels, including loading the code, adding the app, and renaming the devices).

Konnected device status updates seem to be MUCH faster than they were on ST. I didn't necessarily NEED them faster, but faster is better - right? :slight_smile:

For those of you using Konnected with Hubitat. Is it the same experience as ST? And provides improve reliability?

I can't speak for ST since I never had it installed there...but I installed this the day it was released by Nate on Hubitat and it has been chugging away without a hiccup.

1 Like

Actually it works great as ST, but ST has Noonlight and we don't, It's been very stable. The only thing I can mention I don't like is the code doesn't have implemented the switch to turn off debug, but that is nothing.

1 Like

I modified all of the Konnected drivers and apps I use to add a debug toggle after Nate indicated he wasn't interested in doing so. Reduced A LOT of messaging in my logs.

2 Likes

Good news! We have Noonlight for Hubitat now!

3 Likes

@nate, @nateclark1
Your Konnected apps have been working great since I installed it day 1.

However, this morning I awoke to a locked up hub. After rebooting I checked the past logs and I have a bunch of Konnected Service Manager errors shortly before the hub became unresponsive. Please see the screenshots below and let me know if you have any suggestions.