Konke Humidity/Temp Device Pairing

Consider me as green as green can be...

I've bought Konke Temp/Humidity Sensors and installed the driver code available on the community however I can't get my hub to discover the devices.

Once I have the driver code on the Hubitat, what is my next step/steps to get it able to see my sensors?

These devices are restricted to use zigbee channels 15, 20, and 25. So, unless your Hubitat is on one of those three channels, they will not pair.

1 Like

I have 3 Konke sensors in service and my Zigbee channel is set to 15.. Note: those channels are actually pretty good against WiFi interference so maybe something to consider changing to anyway:

2 Likes

Do I use the "discover devices"?

Hub was using channel 20. I've changed it to channel 15 now.

yes - and select Zigbee.

After successful pairing check your other zigbee devices to see if they didn't get affected by the channel change.

2 Likes

Luckily I'm just starting out so these are the only Zigbee devices so far!

Just running the discover devices, nothing's showed up so far. Just keep doing it until it's there?

Have you put the Konke sensors into pairing mode as well? They should be flashing white (or blue). Are they close to your Hubitat?

2 Likes

No instructions came with them. They're just the little temp/humidity sensors and don't look like they have any lights on them.

Found some info... gonna give it a run. also the button is a hole on the side of the sensor.

Yeah I was trying to look at a spare one but could not find it.. wasn't sure the hole was for pairing or something else..

Btw this is the community driver I am using:

And this is an inexpensive hygrometer I am using to verify humidity..

1 Like

Correct. Reset hole is also the pairing hole.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I am not having much luck in getting three of these devices to pair. I purchased four, and the first attempt to pair one went smooth as silk. Then... zilch, on all three remaining units. I get the "Found Zigbee device [...] initializing..." message, but then initialization never completes.

My Zigbee channel is 15; I am holding the sensors a few inches from a C5 hub; I have powered down all nearby Zigbee repeaters; I have factory-reset each of the devices (press the button >5secs); and I have tried resetting (shutting down and removing power) the hub.

Each of the three units shows the expected blinking lights, and I have verified that the batteries seem fine. I find it hard to believe that I have 3 duds, especially given that the first unit paired without issue.

Any suggestions?

Thats seems weird especially after resetting each of the devices.

Maybe remove and pair the original one again?

I can't think of anything else unless your hub is having other issues like "network busy" messages in the logs caused by other issues.

1 Like

Continuing to troubleshoot my 3-out-of-4 non-pairing units. I took the advice of @erktrek, and removed/re-paired the original successfully working device ("#1").

I removed #1 from the Hub, then I tried to pair devices #2, #3, and #4. No success on pairing... just the very consistent "Found Zigbee device... initializing ...", then hangs there indefinitely.

I then tried to pair #1, and it paired up successfully, immediately. I then tried, and failed, to pair #2-#4.

However, I noted physical differences in the three non-pairable units vs. #1.

For #1, the printing on the back cover is light grey, and the size and arrangement of the printing is slightly different than the other three. The ink used on the non-functioning units is black/ dark grey. See photo, with unit #1 indicated with a green check and partially removed adhesive strip.

Also, the reset button produces different LED blink patterns on #1 vs. the non-pairable units #2-#4.

For #2-#4, if I long-press the reset button for 6 seconds, the LED blinks rapidly for two seconds, then stops blinking. For #2-#4, if I quick-press the reset button, the unit goes into a slow blink mode of on for 1 second and off for 5 seconds, and this cycle repeats for a minute.

For #1: Regardless of whether I quick-press, or long-press the reset button for 5-9 seconds, I get the same slow blink mode that lasts for a minute. I cannot get this unit to produce the rapid two second blink that the other units exhibit with the long-press.

It definitely appears that my purchase of 4 units contains different versions of HW/FW. My concern is that my non-working units are the newer version.

Since, I got these units from AliExpress, I am doubtful I can get much help from the vendor. Does anyone know of other forums that are useful for Konke devices? Tagging some of the heavy hitters on this discussion. @aaiyar @JasonJoel Thanks!!

That is crazy frustrating! When you try and pair the non-pairing devices when you get that "Found Zigbee device.. initializing" .. did you then try pushing the reset button again? Maybe those devices have to be "woken up" while pairing or something.

note: I have installed 3 of these at home and 2 at a clients and I was able to get everything to pair.

Also maybe the batteries are low in those.. try swapping the working one's battery out for a non-working one?

1 Like

Yes, I tried, many combinations of pressing the reset, including pressing it again. I purchased new batteries, and it did not help.

I was just on the AliExpress listing for this device and now I see that they have in bold red, that the device only supports Zigbee 3.0, and "If your gateway is 1.2 it will not be able to interconnect". Also, the seller has stopped selling through AliExpress. There is a recent negative review that matches my symptoms.

1 Like

Then the product is not really Zigbee 3.0 which as I understand it is supposed to be backwards compatible. What a shame..

I still have a few left. Maybe I was lucky. Thanks for reporting your experiences..

2 Likes

Maybe the Sonoff snzb-02...

Doesn't look like it's Zigbee 3.0 either (even though it says so in the link heading but nowhere else :man_facepalming: ) but if it works with HE then maybe good?

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Humidity-Checking-Thermometer-Hygrometer/dp/B08BCJNDYQ/

1 Like