Kiwkset Lock - Zwave to Zigbee Conversion

Remove the battery pack, then just pull the card up. There's a bit of a lip on the front/room side of the card, so if you can get your fingernail or perhaps a plastic spudger under it, that would make it easier. Play around with your convert unit. Physically, they're the same in the battery/card area. It's one of those things where after you get it the first time, it just 'clicks.'

2 Likes

ok, I have ordered a lovely Venetian Bronze lock and am looking forward to playing with the Zigbee implementation. It certainly beats paying for 4 new locks, and even if I did this I wouldn't know what to buy to replace them!

1 Like

I just bought a Kwikset 912 zigbee lever lock to replace a side door entry door knob lock. Was going to get the Yale but I read some reviews where the physical key is very easy to pick. I'm not thrilled with the keypad but like the small footprint. We'll see how the WAF goes..

I really like my Zigbee Kwikset 912... its been installed a 18 months now, gets used a half dozen times a day, has required zero intervention and is still going strong on its original set of batteries (it has been alerting me via beeps/flashing lights since they dropped to 15% last October... now reporting zero for the last two weeks but still working like a champ).

2 Likes

Anyone know if the Kwikset Amazon Key Edition will plug into an existing Kwikset keypad? I only have one 910, that's an easy swap of the boards. However, I have two 98880-004's (Smartcode 888's purchased new in 2020), could I just remove the whole interior control and replace with the Convert? i.e. is there a place to plug in the keypad on these? Any one have any pictures? Thanks!

I had 2 914 locks that I converted from z-wave to Zigbee that way. board just slides in place of the old one.

2 Likes

Anyone notice multiple notifications when you switch from ZWave to Zigbee on the Kwikset locks?
I posted over here as a few folks there have the same issue, but it's a little dated, so maybe I am missing the solution .

I am not getting multiple notifications on mine and I made the switch.

What model do you have?

I have 2 914's that were originally z-wave.