Keypad for a Lock (not HSM)

Hello,

I'm looking for a (Z-Wave, Zigbee also fine) keypad to unlock a WiFi lock (it is a Sesame lock, hooked via Node-Red). I saw discussions of the various Centrallite keypads (Centrallite, Xfinity, Iris) for HSM. My question is whether I can use these keypads to trigger an automation and unlock the door. If so, how would that work? Do I need to press any button after entering the key? If it matters, I do not use HSM at all and have no use for it.

Also, are there other keypads I can use?

Thanks everyone!
Ofer

Just messing around real quick with some spare parts this worked

Had to enter the pin and disarm.

i'm currently playing with this as i want to use a keypad to control something external things.

right now i have 2 rules using an Iris v3 keypad

when i disable the keypad (enter my code then off), i'm turning on a virtual switch, then turning it off 10 seconds later (i can adjust as needed). Once the virtual switch turns off, I'm arming the keypad again

when i trigger the virtual switch, i'm putting all the stuff i want to happen in here

in my testing it works fairly well. I am also using [Release] Nyckelharpa, an HSM Extension, but i reverted back to the Iris V3 keypad driver as i am able to control the status on the keypad better

i am thinking about other things though such as security. someone could theoretically spend all day trying to unlock the keypad, and they'll eventually stumble across a combination, so i'm most likely going to set up another virtual switch to act as a lockout in case too many incorrect passwords are entered in a specific time frame

Thank you, both! This is very helpful!!

I guess I'll head to the auction site and buy a keypad :slight_smile: