Keypad availability drying up

You are not wrong. I have an opinion that I’ve expressed many times before. Security should be self contained, dedicated systems. The Ring Alarms are still on sale and it’s an incredible price. They integrate perfectly with their cameras, which are excellent too.

I don’t have the cameras, but the alarm is very good and the option for no commitment professional monitoring satisfies my desire not to be locked in, and my wife’s desire to have the monitoring.

2 Likes

I’m using Foscam cameras throughout my house and they are the only reason why I still have my ST hub up and running. I have them on The RBoy Foscam app and use them to record and alert to motion to my local NAS And phone when my Hubitat mode is set to away. I’m not real interested in paying for an alarm company and would prefer for privacy reasons to keep all my recordings local and not in the cloud. I have bought two of the centralite v3 keypads thinking I was going to use them but I honestly can’t find a reason to use them yet so they still sit in a box.

Well, then you would most certainly have some takers here if you decide to sell them.

Not selling yet... like I said, if I can find a use for them I’ll use them.

1 Like

@inetjnky You can still benefit from using Hubitat as a security alarm even without having it call 911 (I'm not interested in paying for alarm monitoring either). I think just using it to trigger a siren could cause someone to decide to leave. Also I like the fact I get notified if I'm away. Or maybe I don't understand what you're thinking. An added benefit of those keypads is you hear a beep if a door is opened on them.

1 Like