Keypad availability drying up

This is the keypad that I thought looked quite sexy. NFC tags as well! :grin:

I've already contacted them few months ago and they sell just in batch for system integrators, they don't sell directly to end user and for small quantities. In Europe some of their products are reseller under "Bitron Home" brand but now seems that they closed too, so we have just few inventories (no keypad BTW).

My Zipato finally arrived, after a fight with the supplier......

I attempted to use the driver from ST, but its failing here.

dev:41322019-04-05 01:50:51.290 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: user for class: hubitat.zwave.commands.usercodev1.UserCodeReport on line 484 (parse)

This is the area of code for this. Anyone have any advice?

def zwaveEvent(hubitat.zwave.commands.usercodev1.UserCodeReport cmd) {
	// Zipato COMMAND_CLASS_USER_CODE_V1: 0X63
	def result = []
	def userNumber = cmd.userIdentifier
	if (cmd.userIdStatus == UserCodeReport.USER_ID_STATUS_AVAILABLE_NOT_SET && userNumber == 0 )
	{
		// Turn the master code into a 10-element array
		def zeros = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
		def masterCodeArray = masterCode.getBytes()
		masterCodeArray = ([].add + masterCodeArray[0..< masterCodeArray.size()] + zeros[masterCodeArray.size()..< zeros.size()]).flatten() 

if (cmd.user == masterCodeArray) {
			// The master code was entered. Avoid putting the device back to sleep so the user
			// has time to send commands.
			info "Master code was entered."
			state.lastMasterCode = new Date().getTime()
		}
		else {
			// Received unrecognised code. Store it in case user wants to associate it.
			info "Received unrecognised code."
			debug "Unrecognised code is ${cmd.user}"

state.lastUnrecognisedCode = cmd.user
			result << createEvent(name:"unrecognisedCode", value: "code ${cmd.user}")
		}
	}
	else {
		if (cmd.userIdStatus == UserCodeReport.USER_ID_STATUS_OCCUPIED) {
			info "Remembering user $userNumber is set to ${cmd.user}"
			state.registeredUsers[Integer.toString(userNumber)] = cmd.user
			sendEvent(name:"rfid$userNumber", value: "associated")

}
		else if (cmd.userIdStatus == UserCodeReport.USER_ID_STATUS_AVAILABLE_NOT_SET){
			sendEvent(name:"rfid$userNumber", value: "unassociated")
			debug "Forgetting user $userNumber"
			state.registeredUsers[Integer.toString(userNumber)] = null
		}
		debug state.registeredUsers
	}
	goToSleep(result)
	return result
}

In particular this line, according to the logs.

Appears its can't read the report, thus has no Number from the tag to set.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Change cmd.user to cmd.userCode.
Beyond that change, it's likely porting this driver to be completly compliant with HEs lockCode schema isn't going to be easy.

Many thanks Mike, thats stopped the errors.

Strange driver this, I dont see any update for what is the Master Code being sent to the device, so attempting to enter a tag returns null, before I can even get to that stage.

According to the steps, this is it.
To register a slot with a code

1. Press Home
  2. Tap in MasterCode i.e 4444 - My master code set in the device
  3. Press Enter
  4. Press Home
  5. Tap in new code i.e 4321
  6. Press Enter
  7. Press Learn on unused slot.

So I enter 4444 then this, but no errors.

dev:41332019-04-05 03:40:20.210 pm debugUnrecognised code is 0
dev:41332019-04-05 03:40:20.209 pm infoReceived unrecognised code.
dev:41332019-04-05 03:39:20.619 pm debugUnrecognised code is 0
dev:41332019-04-05 03:39:20.616 pm infoReceived unrecognised code.

I think it may be wise to connect it to ST, and make sure it all works as it should first.
Thanks for the help @mike.maxwell

Hi,

Any luck getting the zipato keypad working on hubitat? I received mine today and was hoping that there would be a driver out there somewhere.

Hi Mark

Yeah as you read on the other thread, not much luck there. I ironed out the initial error, but I couldnā€™t get the tags to be recognised when using the driver on HE. Just stated not number read (from memory).

I then hooked up my ST hub, and the same driver worked just fine, so had to keep it connected there. But Iā€™d much rather have it on HE :+1:

Just wondering if any progress has been made on either a Ring Keypad driver or an Iris V1 Keypad driver?

1 Like

What is everyone doing with the keypads? Iā€™m having trouble understanding what benefit they provide?

For some of usā€”theyā€™re simply button controllers. One button turns something on, one of them enabled a scene, etc....

For others, theyā€™re security keypads. Punch in a code to disarm HSM. Useful for people with cleaners, kids, etc...

1 Like

The Ring keypad directly joined to HE is not going to happen. It cannot be discovered by HE. Theyā€™re doing something to make it incompatible I think. Doesnā€™t join to SmartThings either.

However, the Ring Alarm system is really inexpensive right now.

Thereā€™s a Community integration that I and several others are using and it works great. Letā€™s you use the Ring contact sensors for other functionality in HE too. May also work with the Ring motion sensor when the system is disarmed, but Iā€™m not sure. I have not setup my Ring contact sensor yet.

I tried to join it to Hubitat for about an hour without any luck. It joined to SmartThings though. It joined first time as a generic device. Very easily joined in fact. I meant to ask @mike.maxwell about this, like if there was anything I could sleuth for him.

But, yes, the integration is not horrible. It's also not official so no guarantees.

2 Likes

Oh thatā€™s interesting. I had look on the ST community but I was seeing the same questions and responses about joining so I thought from that, it wasnā€™t working there either. I should have been clearer that I donā€™t have a ST hub anymore, so it was all second hand information.

@inetjnky Well the keypads are very useful for arming and disarming, but the Iris V1 keypads also have a built in chime/siren. They operate on Zigbee, which for my house has been much more reliable than Z Wave.

1 Like

Arming and disarming what? Iā€™m not aware of any cameras that natively work with Hubitat? If an ā€œalarmā€ is triggered, what happens? Is any alarm companies notified or any 911 contacted? Iā€™m just trying to understand more of what I would gain by using HSM if at all? The only thing I understand is yes you can use it to change a mode for say a babysitter or cleaning lady to stop certain rules or automations (none of which I use or have). But when I think of HSM I think of security in the home... you know like you walk in the house, have to press a code by 30 seconds or an alarm goes off and the police show up to check on the home.

You are not wrong. I have an opinion that Iā€™ve expressed many times before. Security should be self contained, dedicated systems. The Ring Alarms are still on sale and itā€™s an incredible price. They integrate perfectly with their cameras, which are excellent too.

I donā€™t have the cameras, but the alarm is very good and the option for no commitment professional monitoring satisfies my desire not to be locked in, and my wifeā€™s desire to have the monitoring.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using Foscam cameras throughout my house and they are the only reason why I still have my ST hub up and running. I have them on The RBoy Foscam app and use them to record and alert to motion to my local NAS And phone when my Hubitat mode is set to away. Iā€™m not real interested in paying for an alarm company and would prefer for privacy reasons to keep all my recordings local and not in the cloud. I have bought two of the centralite v3 keypads thinking I was going to use them but I honestly canā€™t find a reason to use them yet so they still sit in a box.

Well, then you would most certainly have some takers here if you decide to sell them.

Not selling yet... like I said, if I can find a use for them Iā€™ll use them.

1 Like

@inetjnky You can still benefit from using Hubitat as a security alarm even without having it call 911 (I'm not interested in paying for alarm monitoring either). I think just using it to trigger a siren could cause someone to decide to leave. Also I like the fact I get notified if I'm away. Or maybe I don't understand what you're thinking. An added benefit of those keypads is you hear a beep if a door is opened on them.

1 Like