Keeping track of batteries

Ah, shoot! Not sure how I missed that. The search will continue ...

I have a 3600mah Aukey power bank that I use on one of my AmCrest cameras to keep it going during a power failure. It cost 12 bucks and I've had it for a couple of years now. Works perfectly and powers my usb camera while also recharging itself via usb. I brought up the order in Amazon but I can't view the product details (Oops..we couldnt find that page) so it might be discontinued. They do have a lightning connector version still for sale but it's more expensive. I read the reviews and it looks like it also has power passthrough.

https://www.amazon.com/3600mAh-Portable-Charger-External-Battery/dp/B00SV0J3UY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535478892&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Aukey+3600mAh+Portable+External+Battery+Charger+Power+Bank+with+AIPower+Tech

And here's a screenshot of the one I bought a while back:

Small and light. Not a lot of capacity but these devices shouldn't need much to run for quite a while.

1 Like

For those sensor locations where a wall outlet will work, these are inexpensive. I've got several MonoPrice motion sensors using them for motion and temperature.

1 Like

Just be aware this won't work with Iris or centralite motion sensors. 3 volts is apparently not enough. I ended up with a USB and adjust the voltage down to 3.3 volts for them to work.

2 Likes

Just figured I would leave this here..

This sensor has been reporting zero for over a week, yet still reports presence reliably :slight_smile:

Well, clearly, its dead. It keeps telling you its dead. Over and over.

What I suspect is going on is our voltage to percentage curve is a bit off on the side of reporting 0 a but too soon. However, it might not report a true dead, since, well. Its actually dead.

At least it isn't stuck at 1% and not reporting in.

4 Likes

Lol yeah. Not a big deal. I find it amusing. If I recall even with new battery this device only reported like 70%.

Adam, I noticed in @nate's post about Konnected that they offer a battery backup for the hub that has an input of 12v and 5v output via USB:
https://konnected.io/products/hubitat-elevation-hub-backup-battery-bundle

This is certainly an option for you too.

3 Likes

Noted for when I do further installs!

My primary hub is already on a UPS, but this is good info. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol 20 days later still going strong