Keenect Lite (Release)

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Possible Ecobee - failure to connect - actions?

Since the Ecobee server is so flaky, I'd like to be able to Open Keen Vents when the Ecobee support has not responded for a while - maybe 15 minutes. The purpose is so the vents don't stay closed just because the Ecobee support is out of touch again.

Is there are way to write a RM rule that reacts to lack of contact with the Ecobee central servers?

Are there any periodic events in the ecobee? If so It should be possible

I don't know how periodic they are, but the Ecobee 3 does throw an error code in the Ecobee when it can't connect.

I don’t know if you can capture an error in RM. I was hoping you could set a deadman timer off an event.

Hoping somebody can help me here. I have everything installed and setup, but not seeing any results. I created a virtual thermostat and setup the app. But when I look at the logs and the tile, it says setpoint Null, what am I doing wrong?

The tile shoes not update until the first time you cool or heat.

something is not right, when I change the setpoint on the v thermostat the vents do not open or close.

this does not look right to me.

my bad, the tile should update.
The log you are showing is the parent app. it is fine for just installing.
Until your main thermostat runs heating or cooling, the 2 nulls will not be populated.
The zone log is where all the work is.
Now, changing the temperature setpoint will not change how much the vent is open unless your main thermostat is cooling or heating. Since no air is flowing, it makes no sense to move the vent. Once heating or cooling happens Keenect will check the current temperature vs the setpoint and open or close proportional to the amount you are away from setpoint. Please show the child log for the tile issue.

the system is cooling as I type.

ok, then the issue I am seeing is that the Ventmode is "idle" which I get from the Main thermostat, what type of thermostat is it?

ecobee

FYI, ecobee has given me the most grief with server issues.
Ok, does your ecobee show that it is in idle in hubitat?

I guess this is where I go crawl under a rock. I never thought to look at my ecobee and see if it was online with HE. Looks like it cut out on me 4 days ago, SMH. I guess that solves the issue, vent just closed, LOL.

1 Like

Oh yeah, we working good now. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

been there done that :slight_smile: Glad it is working. I should do something about the nulls in the future!

Maybe something in the logs for jacknuts like me that says, "if you see this, make sure you thermostat is online" lol

You and me both, not sure what I would have told the wife when she got home. That was her only stipulation moving from ST, don't mess with the vents, looool.

I have a rule for checking if thermostat operating state hasn't changed in 24 hours send a text.

1 Like

Is that in RM, if so can you show it to me so I can duplicate?