Keen Temp sensor

I am attempting to set up Keen vents. Could someone please tell me the correct setting (Device Type) for the Temp Sensor in the Device Information section. I found one for Keen Vents but not Sensor.

The temp sensor in the vent is not supported by the base device type in Hubitat.

I'm referring to the Temperature Sensor not the one in the vent.

are you trying to use keenect or something else? keenect looks for any sensor that has a temperature to it.

Keenect. Zone temperature sensor. Keen has zone temperature sensors which are separate from the vent. I can't find a Zigbee driver for them.

you don't need a driver, you use whatever external temperature sensor you already have near the vent (a motion sensor, or contact sensor that reports temperature)

I need a driver so I can use the Keen Temp sensor. I do not have any other temp sensors in my room.

Hubitat does not expose that sensor, the reason can be found here.

I am not familiar with the Keen system, but the temperature sensors shown on their website look to be Xiaomi/Aqara sensors. Try this driver and see how it works.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/veeceeoh/xiaomi-hubitat/master/devicedrivers/xiaomi-temperature-humidity-sensor-hubitat.src/xiaomi-temperature-humidity-sensor-hubitat.groovy

If it does, you have also gained humidity and pressure capabilities not exposed by Keen.

oops, good catch, I forgot about their sensors!

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it but no joy. As far as I can tell the Keen Sensor only does temperature.

If someone created a device driver in smart things we can convert it. You might check there.

We'll that stinks. According to Keen, the humidity readings are not reported in the app, but may be added later.
This is a pic of one of my Aqara Temp/Humidity sensors.

Hence, my idea.:grinning:
Wish you luck.

The Temperature Sensors sold by Keen are made by LUMI Technologies. If you install this device driver you can access them.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/veeceeoh/xiaomi-hubitat/master/devicedrivers/xiaomi-temperature-humidity-sensor-hubitat.src/xiaomi-temperature-humidity-sensor-hubitat.groovy

They will report temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure.

Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.