Kasa wall Switch - Ceiling Fan

My fan is run by a Kassa wall plug switch. Has worked fine for the last year, but now all of a sudden I am getting this error message. Does anyone know how to fix this error? It also shuts off by itself, at the same time overnight, but I cannot find out what is triggering that event.

dev:3252021-10-11 08:03:22.610 am warnMaster Bedroom Fan distResp: Invalid or incomplete return.
error = java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -8

Thank you
Rory

I don’t expect I’ll be able to help much with this particular issue, but can you share what driver you are using to control the wall plug? Is it a community driver or a built-in? That might help determine who can help.

I assume they are what comes with Kassa. I have the Habitat Kassa app, but it says there are no devices. I have not assigned them separate IP addresses as of yet, maybe that is the issue.

1 Like

You must install the device through the phone Kasa App (from TP-Link) prior to using in Hubitat.

I have sent you a Private message.

1 Like

Thank you, I have already done that. Replied to your private message

I had a pair of lights that would come on almost every night at the exact same time and had no clue what was triggering them. I removed the lights from Maker API and the problem hasn't happened since. It still bothers the heck out of me that I was never able to figure out why this was happening (nothing should have been triggering them in the middle of the night), but at least it was an easy fix. Fortunately I no longer use the mobile app that I originally installed Maker API for, so no loss of functionality. Don't know if you use Maker API, but if you do, you might try this to troubleshoot. Also try removing the switch from Google and Alexa, if you use either of those.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.