Kasa Matter devices & Kasa wifi plugs and switches not showing up in Hubitat

I have a pile of Kasa devices, most recent ones are Matter however I have a bunch of 3 way switches, dimmers and smart plugs that want to integrate and add into HomeKit. I have the Kasa App installed and its drivers. I have it connected and logged into my Kasa account but literally 0 of devices show up. So far I have been unable to add a single device to my Hubitat.

1. You must use the community integration at this time (error on Matter device installation)
  2. Read the installation instructions.
  3. You do NOT need to login to the cloud to install the devices. It is there as a backup (from a long time ago). The CLOUD will NOT install the Matter devices.
  4. If you do use the cloud, you MUST disable two-factor identification in the Kasa phone app.

Where do I find the community integration?

HPM. Search for Kasa.

In the image there it's the 3rd one.

1 Like

I added my Kasa device (Matter integration) to the Kasa app, but it does show up in the community Kasa Integration.
Because it is connected via Matter, does that then exclude it from being part of the LAN configuration, and therefore undiscoverable by the HE Kasa Integration?

Correct. For Kasa Matter devices, the built-in capability is through the Hubitat Matter capability, not the KASA integration. The Kasa Matter devices use a different API from the non-matter Kasa devices.

Read the Hubitat instructions for installing Matter devices.

I will try removing it from Kasa, and installing via HE.
Do I need to install it via Google first? DONE

Works! (Once I followed instructions...)

1 Like